Usb stick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This might be of interest to some.

If you like a particular artist or genre, it's often a good idea to search on Youtube for a playlist. For example, if you like 90s dance music, do a search for "90s dance playlist". As the name suggests, a playlist is just a collection of tracks/videos that somebody has formed into a grouped list, such that they play together like an album.

If you find a playlist you like (or alternatively you can create your own), you can then use the following wee utility to drop the URL of the playlist into, and it will grab you all of the individual tracks, download them, and convert them to MP3s as individual files.

Convert YouTube to MP3 on macOS, PC and Linux absolutely for free! Download the entire YouTube playlist and create your audio collection.

Only limitation is that the free version is limited to a maximum of 25 tracks at a time I think.

Goes without saying though, that you should only download stuff as a backup for anything that you already own.

Comment

So far I got a couple of stereophonics albums, ash album, red hot chili peppers, queen, ub40, Tracy Chapman, power Ballard's album a couple of singles in a mixed folder, pretty green eyes, don't stop believing, walk on water and s couple of others for the misses. She's allowed one folder .

Comment

UB40 ,fkn hell ,,thought I was an oldie
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by MJSROOFING View Post
          Next thing,
          I need some ideas, what album to download, greatest hits type, driving songs.
          There are some Top Gear driving albums that have a decent mix of stuff that is described as driving music.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
            UB40 ,fkn hell ,,thought I was an oldie
            Can't beat a bit of red red wine. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by bransoj View Post
              There are some Top Gear driving albums that have a decent mix of stuff that is described as driving music.
              Nice one, didn't think of that one.
              I'm sure I had one once on CD, you know, back in the old days

Comment

Leftfield - Tourism, you'll be breaking the speed limit by track 8.

Just to say YouTube ripping is a terrible source for audio if you're bothered about quality, at most it'll be 192kbps ACC, and then you'll rip it down to MP3, compressed format to compressed format is BAD.

Comment

Originally posted by stewlewis View Post
                  Leftfield - Tourism, you'll be breaking the speed limit by track 8.

Just to say YouTube ripping is a terrible source for audio if you're bothered about quality, at most it'll be 192kbps ACC, and then you'll rip it down to MP3, compressed format to compressed format is BAD.
                  I'll check that one out, thanks.
                  What way do you suggest to download music then.

Comment

The Leftfield album is Leftfield - Leftism, but live. A classic among dance music albums.

As for music downloads, it depends whether you want them legally or not.

But if you are happy to record a stream, Spotify and Deezer are better bitrates, but again if you are recording a stream you are ripping it and saving it again as MP3 with compression. I guess if you recorded the stream as a WAV file you are saving THEIR bitrate uncompressed. Soundcloud, Mixcloud and Bandcamp are other good sources. And staying legal, CDs are cheap as chips 2nd hand now for some older classics, you can just rip them.

Comment

I always use my ipod in old car but with this one i use google play music streamed from my phone. A mate upgraded to family package and had a spare user so i get it for free. Well i buy his footy programme once a month. Usb back up is good idea though.😁

Comment

Same here, got a 32g stick. Holds hundreds of albums. I got about 30 albums on it and it not even 10%full. Not too keen on it playing the same album over and over. It doesn't seem to continuously play through the content of the stick, maybe because i have the albums in their own separate folders. I'll find a way, I'm sure.

Comment

Working...
                        X