Thought I'd finally say hi!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thought I'd finally say hi!

Bought myself an Insignia about a month ago and have been lurking around this forum quite a few times looking for useful info about various bits of the car. I thought I should probably make an introduction, and get involved. Maybe I can give back some of the help I've already received from the posts on here.

My name is Oli, I graduated with a degree in Television Production about a year ago and currently work part time, hoping for a full time job soon!

Had a 14 plate Fiat Punto for about three years and decided to change up to something bigger, faster and more practical.

Will post pictures at some point if I can! I recently replaced my 1.2 Fiat Punto with a 2.0 CDTI 2012 Insignia SRI and so far have been very happy!
    Would have loved an Elite or a facelift version but I don't really do enough driving at the moment to justify spending the extra cash and preferred to go through a Vauxhall dealer so likely paid a little extra for that.

It's very interesting seeing all of the mods, improvements and DIY work that people have been doing to their cars so will maybe make a few more changes to mine but i'm not likely to do anything extreme as i'd end up breaking something expensive!

So far I've replaced my dipped and main beams with Osram "Cool Blue Intense" lamps as well as something similar for my DRLs, have yet to do the Fog lamps as I've not gotten round to seeing how easy they are to replace. (anyone know of any threads that may help?)
    Have replaced all the interior lamps with 6000K LEDs, except the glove box because I can't seem to get the lamp holder out. The switch seems to be faulty anyway as it only turns on when I really try and yank the holder (Anyone able to offer some advice with that? Not sure if I'm going about it incorrectly or not pulling hard enough, didn't want to break it further.)

I've been a long time user of dashcams and have hard wired in both my front and rear cameras powering them from the fuse box behind the dash and have routed the cables fairly discretely, if anyone has any questions or wants any photos feel free to ask!

I don't have any major plans to do anything with the car but may consider a reversing camera as I've got a Navi 600 unit but not parking sensors.

I look forward to some good discussions, ideas and help!

Welcome Oli.

Comment

Welcome to the forum
      ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Welcome. You will need deep pockets if you stay here. Lol
        LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Originally posted by Witty View Post
          Welcome. You will need deep pockets if you stay here. Lol
          i do concur with Witty, i've already sold the missus and kids, a kidney, and 3/4 of my liver...
          Chris

Comment

I would suggest you don't do any big mods or expensive mods as once you start you can't stop .

Comment

Welcome to the forum, Oli!

I look forward to seeing some pictures.

A few subtle mods won't break the bank and can help to make the car yours but don't feel you need to keep up with the Jones'....We respect and appreciate everybody's siggys on this forum.
              2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Comment

Welcome Pal

Comment

Working...
                  X