No announcement yet.

How2: replace solenoid valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had this done on my CDTi 160 the other week as the humming noise was unbearable!

When changed, it almost felt like it's been remapped!! - Was soo shocked so feel such a difference from such a small part.

My car had obviously been suffering from loss of vacuum for a while - best £40 i've spent on the car!
    Insignia SRi 2.0 CDTi 160bhp || Asteroid Grey || K&N Panel Filter || VXR Style Honeycomb Grill || Hekos || Rear Tints || Custom Sound System

Comment

Ordered one myself today from Euro used code DAD35 for 35% discount.

Comment

Replaced mine this morning, I didn't notice with the old one but with ignition on it makes a constant buzzing noise like a small electric motor
        is this normal ?

Regards.

Comment

can you hear it from inside the cabin?
          is it a quiet buzz or a more droning hum?

Comment

I've only heard it from outside the car with bonnet up (not been out in the car yet) and its a buzzing.

Comment

Silly question but was does this solenoid do???

Comment

Controls the by pass valve on the turbo

Comment

Originally posted by Mo_miah View Post
                  Would that cause an engine to cut off mid driving?

As I have an issue

Originally posted by Mo_miah View Post

Comment

I to have this noisy, I hear it mostly when I shut of the engine, When i open the hood, And when I am about to start the engine.
                    So if driving with a noisy ( bad) solenoid valve, can that cause the turbo to whistle? On my car the turbo have started to whistle

Comment

There is a YouTube video about how to fix this problem

Comment

Comment

I have seen that video before. Good video, but maybe I should have explained my self better.
                          I wonder if this problem can make the turbo to go bad, if driving to long with this sound.

Comment

I have seen that video before. Good video, but maybe I should have explained my self better.
                            I wonder if this problem can make the turbo to go bad, if driving to long with this sound.

Comment

Have a friend who is ex vauxhall engineer and I asked the same question as my last insignia always had this issue. He said it had no affect on the turbo as generally the noise happens when turbo hasn't spooled and can happen when car is turned off.

Comment

Ok thanks for the answer. I don't have such a big problem with that weird sound. So I guess I will let it be as it is.

Comment

Working...
                                X