How2: replace solenoid valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by markinuckfield View Post
    Sorry mate but what do you base this on? Vx fitted the revised pipe and the reservoir to all 2.0 from 2012 so there must have been a reason. My local dealer says they don’t change the valve anymore they just fit the revised part to the older cars when they complain about the mooing noise
    the noise is only part of the problem, masking the noise with the extra part will not fix that the valve is not doing its job properly which is to control the variable vanes

tbh most dealers have no idea what they are doing, they are not mechanics, only technicians that do what the diagnostic software tells them

when my 1st valve failed i took it to the dealers as it was under warranty, i told them what the problem was, it took them 2 runs and 2 hours of "diagnostics" to come to the same conclusion then a whole day to change the part, they started working on the car at 9am and i collected the car the next day

Comment

My car is suffering intermittent power loss between 1500 and 2000 revs, it kind of judders (kangaroos) a good few times for a split second each time, as if the power drops. Could this valve be a cause? I’m assuming the turbo kicks in within this rev range?

Comment

I've just tried replacing mine (original was a pierburg one) due to the noise but the new one(ebay special unbranded with metal ring around the top and bottom sections) caused the car to go In to limp mode and wouldn't go above 60mph in 5th..... Not sure if its worth forking out for a pierburg one so ive put the original back on and I'll just put up with the noise. Any body else had an issue with a "new" one?

Comment

Not sure about Vauxhall but alot of cars need the new valve and the car to be paired together usually with dealer level equipment.

Comment

Originally posted by Jesterjim80 View Post
            I've just tried replacing mine (original was a pierburg one) due to the noise but the new one(ebay special unbranded with metal ring around the top and bottom sections) caused the car to go In to limp mode and wouldn't go above 60mph in 5th..... Not sure if its worth forking out for a pierburg one so ive put the original back on and I'll just put up with the noise. Any body else had an issue with a "new" one?
            i bought pierburg one 2yrs ago , pay for what you get still going strong

Comment

Did you fit it yourself and did you need to use "dealer level equipment" to pair it or reset/reteach it. I've got vaux com but don't want to buy a new valve if any new valve should of been "plug and play".....

Comment

Originally posted by Jesterjim80 View Post
                Did you fit it yourself and did you need to use "dealer level equipment" to pair it or reset/reteach it. I've got vaux com but don't want to buy a new valve if any new valve should of been "plug and play".....
                just follow my how to on the 1st post, no fancy tools or equipment needed

Comment

Originally posted by Mo_miah View Post
                  just follow my how to on the 1st post, no fancy tools or equipment needed
                  I changed it the same way as your post suggests but the service vehicle soon message came on the first time I drove it. I'm guessing that either the new valve is faulty or the fact that it's not a pierburg is causing the issue. There is a 2ohm difference between the old and new coils which may not sound a lot but one is 14.5 & the other is 16.5 so it's over 20%. If the ecu is checking the actual pressure from the sensor against the requested amount from the valve (variable voltage supplied) then it might be outside the tolerance????

Comment

the insignia does measure resistance across circuits to check for faults
                    thats why "canbus safe" led bulbs still need a load resistor to correct the resistance across the circuit
                    as the new valve you fitted has a higher resistance the cars computer must think there is a break in the circuit

Comment

Working...
                    X