Fuel filter question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel filter question

Sitting in the bar on holiday planning all fhe things i am going to do with the car when home and a full service is one.

Have a question though. With the fuel filter change you need to turn the key in the ignition a few times without starting the car to prime the system once its changed. Mine has the start button so wonder how i will do this. Probably an easy obvious way just can't think.

Originally posted by Graeme1975 View Post
    Sitting in the bar on holiday planning all fhe things i am going to do with the car when home and a full service is one.

Have a question though. With the fuel filter change you need to turn the key in the ignition a few times without starting the car to prime the system once its changed. Mine has the start button so wonder how i will do this. Probably an easy obvious way just can't think.
    I just started mine normally and kept the revs above 2.5 - 3 and it just pulled the fuel through so it didn't airlock

Comment

That's good to know cheers.

Comment

On my transit, I always fill the filter full of diesel and then as above, start up keep revs up on 2k for a minute to pull all air bubbles through and job done.

As a warning though, I did it with the misses focus and all was fine till next day when it wouldn't start. I filled the filter got it started and all was fine.

I think the seal on the filter wasn't sealed properly so make sure you put a smudge of diesel on the seals if there are any. Or make sure all pipes are good.

Comment

Yeah I do the same just dip the new o ring in the diesel left in the cup with the old filter

Comment

Working...
          X