Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insignia beats Focus in detailing competition!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insignia beats Focus in detailing competition!

Just thought I'd post this up as I'm feeling quite smug at the moment. Vertar run a car of the month competition with a prize of 200 quids worth of raceglaze products for the winner. I was up against a Focus St and at one point he was far ahead in the voting. I then got friends from DW involved and another non car related forum and by the end of voting yesterday had achieved the highest number of votes in the competitions history! Still to decide what to spend it on but from a guy that's had a tough time recently this was a real pick me up. So get your buckets, jet washers and cameras out, do a little write up and give it a go yourself, get a forum behind you and you never know.
    Here's my entry http://www.vertar.com/car-of-the-month/ and you can enter this months competition on the same page if you fancy a go.

Looks amazing Peter, superb shine from a red car I am very jealous and am thinking my HD wax is not doing it for me. Mind you I have a self imposed ban on detailing world as the girls at work are sick of answering the door for my packages.

Comment

Thank you and for the sake of your bank balance stay away from DW. I've spent 1000s since signing up on there via Vec-c. You should check out my wax review thread sometime and that gives you some idea of what I'm likethead

Comment

Well done dude, super job, it's so clean and shiney you don't really need anymore detailing products

I'll PM you my address.

Comment

We done! It's a lovely deep shine!

Don't forget we run Photo Of The Month competition on here. You don't win anything other than bragging rights I'm afraid but you're welcome to enter the next one later this month.
          2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

That is one very shiny car.

Comment

This is the wax you used Zymol Destiny Glaze.
              But please tell me i need to go to Specsavers

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
                This is the wax you used Zymol Destiny Glaze.
                But please tell me i need to go to Specsavers

http://www.vertar.com/zymol/zymol-destiny-glaze/
                It's not the most expensive wax I own by a fair bit either, I've just got samples sent from USA of Atlantique, Vintage and Royale and they're in the thousands. I'm aware that's not for most people though but it's what I enjoy

Comment

Ye waxes can be expensive but you do get a lot out of a pot, and Peter defo makes use of his detailing stuff, its only a waste of money if its gona sit on a shelf and never be used, and its a hobby he clearly enjoys
                  feel free to do mine

Comment

And mine

Comment

Congrats!!

sigpic

Comment

The shine on that is unreal, well done, i can only wish for mine to look that good

Comment

Thanks chaps. My prize arrives Monday woo hoo

Comment

Originally posted by Wilco View Post
                            Thanks chaps. My prize arrives Monday woo hoo

You can use it as a down payment on your next tub of wax!
                            2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

I already have! Lol. Black label is £285 so it's gone towards that. A few other cheaper bits that I needed to stock up on. In the end I've spent about £140 on top of my winnings but I'm getting one of the best waxes there is in with that.

Comment

Working...
                              X