Scratch remover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scratch remover

What's the best scratch remover for a metallic black paint ? Seen mixed reviews for all the stuff I have looked at, can I use just black t cut or will it look out of place with the paint being metallic ?

Nooo stay away from tcut. That stuff is crap. Should be made illegal

How bad is the scratch? If you run your nail over it can you feel it? Or is it more of a scuff?

Comment

It depends how deep the scratch is.
      The car is sprayed from bare metal/primer/base coat (the metallic black)/clear coat (the 'lacquer')

If the scratch is fine and is only in the clear coat you might not need a harsh scratch remover at all.

Autoglym Super Resin Polish will remove fine scratches and has 'fillers' in the mix to cover very fine scratches.
      Autoglym Paint Renovator is the next level up, and is more abrasive, hand use only and go easy. This works like a T-Cut, coloured T-Cuts I have no idea about but if the scratch is only in the clear coat I don't know why you'd use a coloured polish.

If you've scratched through the clear and the base to the primer or worse the metal it'll need a repair job buy a paint guy.

Comment

i like the g3 scratch remover gentle but really good imo

Comment

+1 for g3

C4 Grand Picasso 2015 Exclusive.

Comment

It's a mixture of small scratches nothing to deep as far as I can see, so I'm now split between the G3 or autglym super resin polish, anyone used both? Which is the easier to get results with ?

Comment

super resin polish is easy to use but only a temp fix, its a filler so will wash off
              real polish and compounds require more effort but will give permanent results

if its only clear coat scratches i use 1500-2500 grit wet and dry followed with megs 105 and 205 using a DAS6 pro machine and have had great results on a black VW golf which got scratch by a van driver and same on a silver audi a6

deeper scratches may require some touch up paint and then sanded and polish

if you are local to northampton i can do this for you

never used g3 so cant comment on that

photos of the damage will help, and results will depend on how much you want to spend and the sort of results you will be happy with

Comment

g3 to remove them srp to fill them

Comment

Working...
                X