Steering wheel wobble.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering wheel wobble.

Came back from Manchester airport on Sunday and noticed the steering wheel wobbling when i was accelerating, just about to come off at the junction for home so started braking and the same thing happened.

It is due new back tyres so hoping thats it. Had new back pads about 2 years ago and new fronts last year.
    I want to go out of this world the way i came in...kicking and screaming and covered in somebody elses blood...

worn cv joint or badly balanced wheel maybe the cause

Comment

back issues would not affect the steering wheel, this is front end related and could be a number of things. I was conviced a tyre change was down to my old Vec C doing this at around 65mph - could not balance it out, turns out it was the top shock mount bearings.

Only time new rear tyres may cause this is if you swapped front to back during the change.

Comment

Vibration under braking could be the front brake discs in need of replacement.

--- 2010 Vauxhall Insignia 2.0 CDTI SRI 160 ---

Comment

I have the same thing and i've been told it's the drivers side driveshaft has started failing by my mechanic. Now hearing a clicking noise from it so it'll be getting replaced asap

Comment

Working...
          X