Fuel Guage Dropping Faster After Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Guage Dropping Faster After Service

I've got a 2015 2.0 CDTI 140PS stop start and after it was serviced the fuel gauge seems to be dropping much quicker that before. The car has done 43000 miles and has just had the 4 major service. The trip shows it's doing around 40 MPG. It does do a lot of short journeys but it hasn't been dropping this quickly since we had it last October. Has anyone got any ideas?

who does your servicing?
    mpg drops over time, my 2011 160ps diesel used to give me 650miles from a tank, now i barely scrape 500, my fuel filter is long over due for a change, egr valve probs could do with a clean, so many thing can affect the cars economy

Comment

It's my local main dealer. The car seems to be dropping 1 mark on the fuel gauge every trip. It was only serviced on Friday and there were no problems before that.

Comment

how many miles are you doing each trip? each mark (1/8 of a tank) should be getting about 80miles from mix driving

Comment

It doesn't happen to be an EURO6 car with adblue?

Comment

I will have to check the distances. It was showing full when it went in for the service and when it came out within a few miles it was down 1 mark.

It's a Euro 5 car.

Comment

that's a lot of servicing for a 2015 car with 43k miles on, should only have had an intermediate at 20k and full at 40k. Mine is 2014 on 54k miles and just had 3rd service. Just for your info, my mpg does not alter after a service, 163ps CDTI. Regularly getting 60+mpg on mine with mixed driving. Only way to tell is fill, measure and then refill to check on the mpg

Comment

leak at the fuel filter maybe? if its being changed that often which it shouldnt be

Comment

Originally posted by Chewy1971 View Post
                  that's a lot of servicing for a 2015 car with 43k miles on, should only have had an intermediate at 20k and full at 40k. Mine is 2014 on 54k miles and just had 3rd service. Just for your info, my mpg does not alter after a service, 163ps CDTI. Regularly getting 60+mpg on mine with mixed driving. Only way to tell is fill, measure and then refill to check on the mpg
                  I thought the service intervals are 12000 miles or 12 months which ever comes first. I have only had the car since last year and the print out from the original leasing company shows that it had two services and the garage we bought it from serviced it when they had it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mo_miah View Post
                    leak at the fuel filter maybe? if its being changed that often which it shouldnt be
                    I have had a quick look and I can't see any signs of a leak anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake View Post
                      I thought the service intervals are 12000 miles or 12 months which ever comes first. I have only had the car since last year and the print out from the original leasing company shows that it had two services and the garage we bought it from serviced it when they had it.
                      Am sure the 140PS will be as the 163 PS which is 20k miles covered or 12 months whichever is the sooner. The car has an oil life expectancy in the display and runs with mileage and / or age to hit zero % when either of the 2 arrive and will audibly alert you to service the car.

Comment

its 20k or 1 year for servicing, first 20k is only an oil and filter change, then each multiple of 40 is a major service

Comment

Yeah, I just looked myself. The previous service was at 36000 before I had it but it was a year ago and the change oil warning came up.

Comment

Are you using the aircon a lot? That can increase fuel consumption by 5-10% on long fast journeys and 15-20% on short slow journeys.

Possibly also the various diesel-emissions devices aren't liking the short journeys. EGRs fill with muck, especially with short journeys. DPFs fill with soot, some of which permanently remains in the DPF after each regen in the form of non-combustible ash which gradually blocks the DPF.

Comment

Originally posted by 2000rpm View Post
                              Are you using the aircon a lot? That can increase fuel consumption by 5-10% on long fast journeys and 15-20% on short slow journeys.

Possibly also the various diesel-emissions devices aren't liking the short journeys. EGRs fill with muck, especially with short journeys. DPFs fill with soot, some of which permanently remains in the DPF after each regen in the form of non-combustible ash which gradually blocks the DPF.
                              The aircon is off. It just seems strange it started the after picking the car up from the service. If it had been happening for a while fair enough.

Comment

Working...
                              X