No announcement yet.

Service vehicle soon on display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anybody near Nottingham got an opcom they could hook up for me ?
    Chris

Comment

quick update,
      took the car back to the garage, and got them to hook it up for diagnostics,

apparently...his words..not mine... 'if there is a code stored the 'service vehicle soon' flag can't be reset properly, it can be turned off but it inevitably flags up again'...

so he ran the diagnostics, and told me that there was indeed an uncleared 'glow plug' flag, (i might add at this point that mine had new plugs fitted before i bought it...apparently)...thus stopping the 'ECU' from communicating with the opcom properly, to allow the service flag to be reset...

he's reset this flag, and cleared the service flag...

so all being well this should now sort everything out....time will tell,

so just incase i need to change the glow plugs... around how much am i looking at for a set of four ?..mines the 2.0cdti engine...A20DT i think...!
      Chris

Comment

Isn't it strange that this warning usually comes on a few days after an MOT. Mine just came on but I've reset the oil life as it was in 12% and it's gone. Just on my way to my daughters house to use the code reader her husband has.
        Just had a new rear bumper after a hit and run, new back tyres and springs and I go on holiday to Scotland tomorrow morning.
        I want to go out of this world the way i came in...kicking and screaming and covered in somebody elses blood...

Comment

Originally posted by bradleymarky View Post
          Isn't it strange that this warning usually comes on a few days after an MOT. Mine just came on but I've reset the oil life as it was in 12% and it's gone. Just on my way to my daughters house to use the code reader her husband has.
          Just had a new rear bumper after a hit and run, new back tyres and springs and I go on holiday to Scotland tomorrow morning.
          Exactly what happened to mine. Came on after an MOT. Its like the garage haven't got a clue

Comment

Fault was MAS so was cleaned and new air filter fitted and fault cleared. pretty cheap air filter so will be getting a different one next week, any suggestions for around £20?
            I want to go out of this world the way i came in...kicking and screaming and covered in somebody elses blood...

Comment

GM filter £21.

Comment

Engine light came on today. Felt like it was going into limp mode when I was going up hills. I'm 300 miles away from home.

Comment

Not nice. Suggest best option is new AMF meter as you read codes and cleaned it. Must be fault with it, particularly as it happens under load. Easy to change though even away from home.

Comment

Sensor fixed but found the boost pipe has a hole in the back. Oil at the back of the pipe. Currently badging it up until I can get the part.

Comment

Mine also has the service vehicle soon light on - has anybody had any luck with this type of OPCOM

Comment

Working...
                      X