No announcement yet.

AFL solution?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi yeah can you detail where and how you replaced the headlight? Was it used? Costs etc? Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by yeah View Post
      So after almost 2 weeks without car(out of MOT for lack of high beam) car is back again new headlight fitted and all issues gone! Happy days came
      What was the problem and what was done for issue to be solved ?

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
        What was the problem and what was done for issue to be solved ?
        I’ll stick my 2p worth in here since I didn’t update on my own progress......

Suffered this afl snag for to long and it’s the only bad experience I’ve had with the car.

The main thing you need to do is go to an excellent auto electrician. Can’t emphasise this enough. I spent most of my diagnostics at Vauxhall who never exactly pin pointed the precise issue leaving me with a choice of trying a £1300 replacement headlight or a £500 control module.

Clearly your not taking a punt in the dark at those prices. I then tried an auto electrician who couldn’t identify the fault codes to the info his records he had as possible fault logs.

Next step was to go around the back doors of the Vauxhall workshop and actually get advice from the mechanics. He pointed me to an auto electrician in the Newcastle area who Vauxhall themselves use when they are left scratching their heads.

Went to sungold auto electrics and they identified the passenger headlight unit straight away like it was a piece of pish.

So I’ve lived with an intermittent fault for about 3yrs then a permanent fault for the next 8 or so months all down to the ability of the people who have looked at the car.

Bought a used VXR afl unit from gumtree at a cost of £200, fitted it myself and the fault codes disappeared once connected.

Biggest problem you’ll face is literally knowing where to turn for advice

Comment

Originally posted by Richie. View Post
          I’ll stick my 2p worth in here since I didn’t update on my own progress......

Suffered this afl snag for to long and it’s the only bad experience I’ve had with the car.

The main thing you need to do is go to an excellent auto electrician. Can’t emphasise this enough. I spent most of my diagnostics at Vauxhall who never exactly pin pointed the precise issue leaving me with a choice of trying a £1300 replacement headlight or a £500 control module.

Clearly your not taking a punt in the dark at those prices. I then tried an auto electrician who couldn’t identify the fault codes to the info his records he had as possible fault logs.

Next step was to go around the back doors of the Vauxhall workshop and actually get advice from the mechanics. He pointed me to an auto electrician in the Newcastle area who Vauxhall themselves use when they are left scratching their heads.

Went to sungold auto electrics and they identified the passenger headlight unit straight away like it was a piece of pish.

So I’ve lived with an intermittent fault for about 3yrs then a permanent fault for the next 8 or so months all down to the ability of the people who have looked at the car.

Bought a used VXR afl unit from gumtree at a cost of £200, fitted it myself and the fault codes disappeared once connected.

Biggest problem you’ll face is literally knowing where to turn for advice
          Opel technicians said at first that this is because of sensor that regulates height , but changing thay didn't solve the problem. I wonder what they are going to say next ? I have guarantee on the car for another month so wouldn't like for them taking the car and trying to fix that for few weeks , because that seems like they are just guessing and buying parts until it is nothing left to change

Comment

Do cornering light bulbs must be not working to replace them or that might be difference in current ressistance, and maybe is best to replace them together as they gonna be alike ? 0011728

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
              A lot of these issues have actually been resolved with the cornering bulbs being replaced. But you say you've done that. Do the lights do their dance when unlocking the vehicle at night or when the lights are turned on to auto?
              Do cornering light bulbs must be not working to replace them or that might be difference in current ressistance, and maybe is best to replace them together as they gonna be alike ? 0011728

Comment

Hello. Sorry for bringing up this thread but i have a simular problem. No high beam but cornering lights, daylight and main beams all are working.The interesting thing is that the high beam only turns on for a second when i pull back the stick for them. I changed the headlight unit and the new one has the same problems. Bulbs are new, ballast is new can someone give me an idea where to look?

Comment

Originally posted by tsvetelin_yordanov View Post
                  Hello. Sorry for bringing up this thread but i have a simular problem. No high beam but cornering lights, daylight and main beams all are working.The interesting thing is that the high beam only turns on for a second when i pull back the stick for them. I changed the headlight unit and the new one has the same problems. Bulbs are new, ballast is new can someone give me an idea where to look?
                  Maybe the AFL ecu is faulty. Get a code reader on it and see what the error codes are.

Comment

hello. Sorry for the stupid question but can you show me a link where i can buy it ? or can you tell me where it's located ? sorry again for the question

Comment

I think it's located behind the body control module which is behind the glovebox fusebox.

If you get to it you'll be able to see the part number.

However, you should get any error codes read. No point replacing x, y and z and still having an issue.

I would not like to play a guessing game. It would become very costly.

Check your wiring to the various sensors and headlights too.

Comment

these are the codes i found : P0673-00, B1380-01 , U0164-00 , U1901-00, B0985-00. Can anyone tell me what they mean because the diagnostics i ran didn't show any information about them only <Unknown DTC>

Comment

Originally posted by tsvetelin_yordanov View Post
                          these are the codes i found : P0673-00, B1380-01 , U0164-00 , U1901-00, B0985-00. Can anyone tell me what they mean because the diagnostics i ran didn't show any information about them only <Unknown DTC>
                          try and google ,for codes
                          ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                            try and google ,for codes
                            i was hoping someone who has had these codes would say something as a remedy for them P.S: i am no electritian and i don't know much about cars so i was hoping for help here

Comment

So the errors just got a lot more: U1519-00 B1380-01 B3883-04 U1513-00 U1512-00 B0985-00 U1501-00 B0000-71 P0673-00 P0513-00 Can anyone help me ?

Comment

Lost communication with left and right headlight. At this point I would just change the AFL ecu. Providing you have no water ingress in the headlights.

Comment

Working...
                                X