Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance and breakdown

Couple of things guys about insurance and breakdown :

My insurance is due on 5th july and the wifes is due in august, is there anything we can do to get the 2 cars on 1 policy so to speak ? I dont know nothing about how insurance works with 2 cars ?

Also i done a comparison site for motor breakdown and the price was good, i usually just get breakdown with home start with the insurance company, what do you guys do ? Iv been told to go with greenlight but unfortunately they wouldnt insure me as i driving roughly 27 thousand from 5th july .

Any company like admiral will just stagger the start dates for insurance. Then next year they'll renew together.

Always done AA for breakdown but after haggling.

Comment

Originally posted by jmagee View Post
      Any company like admiral will just stagger the start dates for insurance. Then next year they'll renew together.

Always done AA for breakdown but after haggling.
      What do u mean stagger the start dates ? Wont have them to start on the same day ? Why not ? Cheapest quote i had for breakdown is 28quid for the year with homestart and it was a silver package

Comment

I got mine with cornmarket. They do deals for drivers of large vehicles like coaches. My breakdown cover is included and I think it's with greenflag. Was paying £44 a month, but that was with my Ford Focus. I think perhaps it might be a bit dearer when it renews due to me having a more expensive and powerful Insignia.

Comment

At the moment well its finished now , but it was 46 a month and adrian flux who im with decided to up it to 88 a month if i was to renew, stuff that, no points no convictions full ncd , mad

Comment

Do bear in mind the small print with ads for the like of Admiral about multi-car policies 'cost may be cheaper for individual policies' (or something like that), i.e. a multi car policy may not be cheaper than two separate policies in spite of them making it look like it will be.

Comment

Yea il take that into account

Comment

Basically your policy starts when it needs to and the Mrs car will add on when her current one finishes. They'll explain if you ring them.

Admiral generally work out cheaper for us. This year I could get the wife's cheaper elsewhere but mine was cheaper with admiral. So overall we saved.

Comment

+1 for admiral multicar. Mine was the same but my wife saved a fortune so worked out good for us

Comment

Originally posted by jmagee View Post
                    Basically your policy starts when it needs to and the Mrs car will add on when her current one finishes. They'll explain if you ring them.

Admiral generally work out cheaper for us. This year I could get the wife's cheaper elsewhere but mine was cheaper with admiral. So overall we saved.
                    Oh right im with u mate, looks like il be on the dog and bone most of the day tomorr, 4 days off woop woop

Comment

Well i had my insurance for £430 fully comp with legal pack and protected ncb and recovery was £29 a year silver package

Insurance - Rias
                      Breakdown - Recover Cover

Comment

Originally posted by Baz 160 nav View Post
                        Well i had my insurance for £430 fully comp with legal pack and protected ncb and recovery was £29 a year silver package

Insurance - Rias
                        Breakdown - Recover Cover
                        Wow, that's pretty cheap. I'm gonna get a quote. Was that for a single driver?

Comment

Originally posted by Blood-Vipre View Post
                          Wow, that's pretty cheap. I'm gonna get a quote. Was that for a single driver?

Yes mate just me on the policy and 30thousand miles

Comment

By the way Rias said if you go through their website direct or phone them for a quote it would be cheaper than the online comparison sites

Comment

By the way Rias said if you go through their website direct or phone them for a quote it would be cheaper than the online comparison sites
                              Got mine down to £357. That's with two drivers and £450 excess. Went with my own insurers as they matched the cheapest gocompare price, they do deals for drivers of large vehicles.

It was £708, so I can't complain.

Comment

Working...
                              X