This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photobucket are blocking images linked to 3rd party websites

If you host your images on Photobucket and have noticed your images are not showing on the forum it is because Photobucket want to charge you $400 for the pleasure.

This is due to changes in their policy which took place in June.

There is a bit of a backlash taking place at the moment because people are only finding out about the changes once they notice their images are not showing on forums etc...

Just a heads up if you notice your images have gone. This isn't affecting everybody yet but it's only a matter of time unless you stump up $400.

Read more about it at, https://www.buzzfeed.com/katienotopo...JJ1#.txkpl2bbe

There are other image hosting websites out there but I'm not sure how long it will be before they follow suit.

Flickr is one I can recommend, https://www.flickr.com/photos/146735834@N04/albums
    Last edited by marko301; 07-07-2017, 04:48 PM.
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Bastards,,,that's over a years worth of photos in my car thread down the swanny thead
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Mine too. I'm gonna have to set to work copying them over to flickr. Do some damage limitations. Got the grandkids this weekend though so it'll have to wait a few days. It's messed up all the POTM threads too!
      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

I received an email regards this yesterday but I just presumed it was a phishing email and reported it to Photobucket.....I only realised it was true when I logged in on here....there is nothing on the PB website about it either!

Why the bollocks are they doing this??

Comment

Has to be money.

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
            Has to be money.

It is Mark,,they've just lost a **** load of revenue from advertising,,so it's the little man who's gotta foot their bill
            ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Photobucket has upset a lot of its users after suddenly demanding payment for embedding images in third-party sites.

Comment

Am sure i paid extra for an add free photobucket !!

Comment

From comments that I have seen a lot of businesses use Photobucket for their listings on eBay, Amazon etc so presumably these are the main target.

Comment

Cheeky f@ckers are wanting $399 just so i can post pics on 3rd party websites !!!

Comment

Their bandwidth costs a lot of money, more so now megapixel images have massive file sizes.

It's not just forums, think of all those blogs and online shops and ebays. Just hosting code on your own webspace and palming off all the big files to photobucket, or other photo hosting website passes the bandwidth use over to them.

I can see why they need to do it, storage and CPU is cheap, bandwidth not so.

Also embedded img links dont direct you to there website so their ad space isnt getting any views either.

MS Ondrive has an embed link generator for photos, theirs reduces the resolution and filesize.

Comment

I've tried using flickr but it always brings up my name on the picture, anyway of sorting this or should I just change my name.
                        I want to go out of this world the way i came in...kicking and screaming and covered in somebody elses blood...

Comment

I wouldn't change your name for the sake of a picture.driving licence,passport all need changing be a right pain !!
                          though I'm struggling to get pics up using Flickr
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bradleymarky View Post
                            I've tried using flickr but it always brings up my name on the picture, anyway of sorting this or should I just change my name.
                            When you post the link into your forum post, delete everything before [img] and everything after [/img] and only the photo will show in your post.

Comment

Spammer gone. Cheers MadOnVaux

Comment

Working...
                              X