New Door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Door

I need to replace my front nearside door.

Some idiot backed[??] into it and it is cheaper to replace than repair. No, I didn't catch the person who did it.

I have ordered, from E-bay, a door in very good condition with the same paint code and hope it is a direct replacement.

My car is MY12, and the new door is from a MY15.

Does any one know, are they directly replaceable?

I would say yes ,it'll be ok
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Fitted my replacement door, and it looks superb.

Word of warning to others fitting later doors.

The chrome trim around the top of the door has been replaced with a black rubber trim.
      It can be changed over, but it is a pig of a job.

Also, the electric window only works with the button on the associated door. It does not work with the button on the drivers door.

Possibly a wiring fault for me to find.

Comment

Compare the wiring between the old and new door. See if you can swap the loom over

Comment

Originally posted by Mo_miah View Post
          Compare the wiring between the old and new door. See if you can swap the loom over
          I have done that. Both looms look identical.

I assume on the facelift, the passenger window can be opened from the drivers and passenger doors.

I am guessing it is a connection/broken wire problem as everything else works correctly.

Comment

Can anyone confirm, that on the face lift[post 2013] model, the front passenger window can be opened either from a passenger door switch or from from a switch on the drivers door. As on the earlier models.

Comment

I can confirm that. The window should open from both the associated door and the bank of switches on the drivers door. Good luck finding the fault!
              2014 2.0SIDI 250PS Insignia Elite Nav Sports Tourer 6-speed Auto in Carbon Flash with optional 20" alloys, VX-Line Body Kit and rigid boot liner. Also fitted with Nextbase312GW Dashcam.

Comment

Originally posted by franka View Post
                Fitted my replacement door, and it looks superb.

Word of warning to others fitting later doors.

The chrome trim around the top of the door has been replaced with a black rubber trim.
                It can be changed over, but it is a pig of a job.

Also, the electric window only works with the button on the associated door. It does not work with the button on the drivers door.

Possibly a wiring fault for me to find.

The chrome trim at the top is there any videos that show how this removes as I’m replacing my door and the one I’m getting has that and mines is rubber at the top. Any advice would be great. Thanks

Comment

It's some time ago since i changed my doors, but from memory, the chrome trim is removed by sliding it "sideways" from the door[NOT upwards].
                  Beware, it is very tight and takes some effort to remove it.

Comment

Working...
                  X