• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good to know your sorting it Dave,
    Hope all goes well buddy [emoji106]

Chris

Comment

• Originally posted by Neal_1974 View Post
      I didn't know they did one, yes Vxr i like those but couldn't afford to run one and the wife and kids
      The Elite 2.8 was available from 58-plate through to about 13-plate.
      It was the range-topper for a year around 2009 until the VXR came out, after which its popularity declined as people chose the VXR instead.
      Not that the Elite 2.8 was particularly popular to start with - from what I can deduce there are less than 200 on UK roads and they're difficult to find, with a large number being ex-dealer demos from 2009.

The Elite is basically a VXR with an automatic gearbox, a smaller turbo/de-tuned engine and looks like any other Insignia.

I have one (shown in signature along with our other cars). The mpg in town is poor but out of town the mpg isn't hugely worse than other petrol Insignias.

Comment

• I didn't know they made that one, nice motor though bet it goes well

Comment

• Originally posted by Neal_1974 View Post
          I didn't know they made that one, nice motor though bet it goes well
          I like it because it looks normal, has normal seats but has decent pace when required plus the 4wd traction.
          Also much better ground clearance than the VXR so speed bumps and hanging the front end over a kerb are not a problem.
          And the exhaust isn't quite so loud and it doesn't go crackle-pop-bang when booting it.

In other words: more discreet, practical, mature and classier than a VXR but a step down in engine power.

Comment

• New driveshaft fitted tonight,took just under an hour ,,all good again ,,old one was shagged through loosing it's grease and overheated,,the bearings and race had turned to a bronze colour through the excess heat,,,happy ��
            ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

• Good news
              Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
              Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

• Excellent news fella [emoji106]

Chris

Comment

Working...
                X