Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yea they look good

Comment

• The wheels look really good. I have the exact same year car, wheels and colour (but 2.0 Diesel) - did you go for black for looks? I only ask as 2 of my alloys are starting to suffer from “white worm” corrosion - no idea how, no stone chips or kerbing etc. Is it worth seeing if the dealer will help to sort under warranty? If they won’t can I ask what it cost you please?

Comment

• Originally posted by Banzaiboy View Post
        The wheels look really good. I have the exact same year car, wheels and colour (but 2.0 Diesel) - did you go for black for looks? I only ask as 2 of my alloys are starting to suffer from “white worm” corrosion - no idea how, no stone chips or kerbing etc. Is it worth seeing if the dealer will help to sort under warranty? If they won’t can I ask what it cost you please?
        Thanks..........It was by choice. I did have very slight kerb damage on the front near side wheel and I mean very slight not even through the lacquer which I think happened when it was in the dealers for a service last July but I only noticed it a couple of weeks later. It deffo wasn't done by me. I always planned on going black because I like black wheels on a red car. As you can see by my previous Insignia,

If you only have worming corrosion I'd say you have a good chance of getting them sorted under warranty. To have mine powder coated it would have cost £280 for the 4 (but cost me £252 because my son knows the owner of the wheel place and got mates rates) that's based on the car going in and having all four wheels done the same day. it would have been cheaper to take each wheel in separately....Around £60 a wheel none mates rates.
        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

• Perfect - thanks for the reply. I think a trip to the dealers is in order....

Comment

• oh very nice defo goes with red makes the wheels pop,
            Originally posted by marko301 View Post
            Picked the car up after getting the wheels done. The light was going so these are the best pics I could get. I'll try to get more tomorrow in proper daylight.

Really pleased with the results.

Comment

• Originally posted by millar69er View Post
              oh very nice defo goes with red makes the wheels pop,
              The centre caps are going black tomorrow. Gonna pop them off and paint them. Then just the chrome Griffin will show.
              2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

• oh thatl look good cant wait to see the pics when done
                The centre caps are going black tomorrow. Gonna pop them off and paint them. Then just the chrome Griffin will show.

Comment

• You will notice the centre caps are grey and don't match the wheels so decided to pop them off and paint them gloss black.

How they looked on the car before

Popped off and removed the Griffin before painting

Painted (keyed, 2 coates of primer, 2 black gloss and 2 Lacquer)

Griffins back on

Back on the car

A bit of a close up before

After

Comment

• very nice finish on those wheels mark,very glossy
                    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

• Forgot how quick they get mucky compared to the diamond cuts though.

Comment

• very nice indeed great job , was also gonna ask what tyres you run?
                        You will notice the centre caps are grey and don't match the wheels so decided to pop them off and paint them gloss black.

How they looked on the car before

Popped off and removed the Griffin before painting

Painted (keyed, 2 coates of primer, 2 black gloss and 2 Lacquer)

Griffins back on

Back on the car

A bit of a close up before

After

Comment

• Thanks....yeah they're Hankook ventus S1 evo2.

Comment

• That really finishes it off Mark.

Great job mate.

Comment

• Much better. [emoji1303]
                              sigpic

Comment

• wht like are they for road noise and rim protection
                                Thanks....yeah they're Hankook ventus S1 evo2.

Comment

Working...
                                X