My Insignia Grand Sport SRi Nav

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by marko301 View Post

I've been in touch with my boss.....She said they got notification same time as us and it wouldn't be fair to discuss it before everyone has chance to attend the meeting. All she would say was to not worry.
    Fingers crossed for both you mate.

Comment

• Thanks....If she said not to worry I'm taking that to mean its not bad news. We've just had a couple of sisters move in with another on the way once the house she's currently living in sells. I can't see us closing if we're filling up.

That said....About 7 years ago they closed the residential home they owned on the same site as the convent and all 60 staff had to attend a meeting on the very same day that £6k of new stainless steel kitchen stuff (sinks, work surfaces, cupboards and up and over pot washer) was being fitted. They came out of the meeting having been told it was closing within the year and all were to be made redundant.
      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Thanks....If she said not to worry I'm taking that to mean its not bad news. We've just had a couple of sisters move in with another on the way once the house she's currently living in sells. I can't see us closing if we're filling up.

That said....About 7 years ago they closed the residential home they owned on the same site as the convent and all 60 staff had to attend a meeting on the very same day that £6k of new stainless steel kitchen stuff (sinks, work surfaces, cupboards and up and over pot washer) was being fitted. They came out of the meeting having been told it was closing within the year and all were to be made redundant.
        Don't worry unless you need to bud.

after all, they'll still need the maintenance manager......Ur not going anywhere soon

Comment

• Good new for those who didn't like my black wheels.....They've gone!

Bad news is I've just had a jolly out to Oldham today to a place called Wheelbase Alloys and bought some new ones.

The wheels are Alutec Freeze

Luckily my centre caps fit so they swapped them over before putting the wheels on the car.

When I got home I washed the motorway grime off them and sealed them with some Megs goldclass wax.

Replaced the tyres at the same time. Now running Three A P606 all round. They're pretty quiet compared to the Hankooks that came on the car.

2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Good new for those who didn't like my black wheels.....They've gone!

Bad news is I've just had a jolly out to Oldham today to a place called Wheelbase Alloys and bought some new ones.

The wheels are Alutec Freeze

Luckily my centre caps fit so they swapped them over before putting the wheels on the car.

When I got home I washed the motorway grime off them and sealed them with some Megs goldclass wax.

Replaced the tyres at the same time. Now running Three A P606 all round. They're pretty quiet compared to the Hankooks that came on the car.
            I for one abhor death shade rims....but these look totally different on the car compared to the OEM ones.

Looks far better with these as you can see it's an alloy .....but in saying that....still looks thead

Comment

• The design makes them look bigger than your original wheels. Easy to clean and keep an eye on brake pads too!

Comment

• Originally posted by RBH View Post

I for one abhor death shade rims....but these look totally different on the car compared to the OEM ones.

Looks far better with these as you can see it's an alloy .....but in saying that....still looks thead
                I bet you got that excited when you read my opening line, a bit of wee came out

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew View Post
                  The design makes them look bigger than your original wheels. Easy to clean and keep an eye on brake pads too!
                  Yeah part of my decision to get the 5 spoke without twins for easier cleaning. But also they look similar to the black OEM wheels that come on the Corsa so I thought it might look like they're OEM on the Insignia too. I'm not really a big fan of after market wheels when you can tell they're after market.

Comment

I bet you got that excited when you read my opening line, a bit of wee came out

No piss came out.....it was puke

Comment

• Originally posted by RBH View Post

No piss came out.....it was puke
                      I'll be honest with you...I did consider some wheels in Hyper silver. They were really shiny, nearly like chrome but they were twin spoke and I've had enough of cleaning twin spokes. I'd have also regretted the colour. I'm just drawn to black wheels for a red car.

Comment

• much better,.. good choice.

Comment

• Well it's had it's second wash in a week (mainly to get rid of the squashed flies for the Oldham run) so I thought I'd get a few prettier pics than just driveway ones to show off the new wheels again.

Comment

• Looks superb.....and a nice setting too

Comment

• Very nice, cue Otis Redding.....sitting on the dock of the bay.........

Comment

• Very nice, why you not at work?

P30 lite using Tapatalk

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                                Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Working...
                                X