My Insignia Grand Sport SRi Nav

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by marko301 View Post

Yeah don't worry, mate. It would be a boring world if we all had the same taste. Black, silver, diamond cut. Who cares as long as it puts a smile on the owner's face.
    Very true.

I've had people say ive wasted mine taking the atomics off.......but theres no way I'm wasting more cash just awaiting the white worm to return.

I'm still in 2 minds about the shadow chrome for these 20s

Comment

• Originally posted by RBH View Post

Very true.

I've had people say ive wasted mine taking the atomics off.......but theres no way I'm wasting more cash just awaiting the white worm to return.

Do it. I love shadow chrome.
      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Very true.

My wife has the Silver 2014 VXLine still (my old one) wheels still perfect (2016 wheels - I blagged a free full new set in 2016 from VX) - car now on 135k. As soon as a refurb on these wheels is done, then they are doomed!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chewy1971 View Post

My wife has the Silver 2014 VXLine still (my old one) wheels still perfect (2016 wheels - I blagged a free full new set in 2016 from VX) - car now on 135k. As soon as a refurb on these wheels is done, then they are doomed!!
          Phil,
          We're Lucky to get 6 months out of them up here due to the weather and the salt on the road

Comment

Phil,
            We're Lucky to get 6 months out of them up here due to the weather and the salt on the road
            my atomic refurb lasted only 4 months. But foolishly, VX gave me 4 new ones free of charge!! hehe!

Comment

• Originally posted by marko301 View Post
              New interior trim arrived today so fitted it before I set to work on some planned brake and wheel hub painting.

The trim is the carbon fibre look from Ali and hides that dust magnet named piano black. I'm pretty impressed with it.

Before

After

Now I have the 5 spoke wheels more of the brake and hub is on show so they needed a tidy up. I decided to buy some high temrature paint for the hubs and brake disk edges because I don't know how hot they get under braking this is the stuff from Halfords. I was gonna get some more red hammerite for the calipers but noticed the did the high temp stuff in red too so thought I'd give it a go. I'm glad I did because it's far brighter than the hammerite red. In fact it makes the hammerite look pink in comparison. This is it if anybody is interested. It's nice and thick too and covers really well.

Before

After (you'll also notice the black on the hub and disk in this shot)

And a couple of them finished with wheels back on.

Front

Back

Got some chrome wheel nut covers fitted now to finish the wheels off.

I know they're not to everyone's taste but I'm pleased with the look.

Hey Marko!!!

Really like that carbon trim. Did it hold out ok and stand the test of time?? Do you know if it’s still available to buy anywhere???

Cheers
              Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by DWR2482 View Post

Hey Marko!!!

Really like that carbon trim. Did it hold out ok and stand the test of time?? Do you know if it’s still available to buy anywhere???

Cheers
                Dan
                Yeah stood the test of time really well. It's been on 2 years now and looks the same as the day I put it on. It's harder wearing that the original trim. I bought it from AliExpress but the links are dead now and I can't find it on there. The only one I can find is this one from Garsupply

In case you didn't know, the Buick Regal is what the Insignia is called in the US and China. it's also for a left hand drive car (they don't make them for right hand drive) so leaves a tiny bit of original trim on show under the front console but its hardly noticeable. I'm really funny about anything like that and it doesn't bother me. Everything else is exactly the same though as you can see in the photo.
                Last edited by marko301; 03-08-2023, 06:32 AM.
                2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

• I don't do much to the car these days apart from clean it but decided to paint my AliExpress dummy exhaust tips black the other day. The chrome kept spotting. I tried keeping it at bay and although it wasn't real bad (remember the spotting on your chopper handlebars ;D) I knew it was there and didn't like it. I like the new look I think. It's still growing on me but if I do decide to go back to a chrome look it will be via silver paint.

Anyway here's the new look...

Comment

• The stealth look.

It's our bloody weather Mark.....oh to live somewhere exotic, where the sun shines all year round.......like Cleethorpes chuckle

Comment

• Yep I use to get spotting on my chopper ! Till DR DRE gave me some ointment.
                      but the amount of times I slid forward after a quick Wheelie and a sudden stop and hitting my Love sausage on the gear leaver.
                      its a wonder im not a unock.
                      I like the look marko .

.K.M.P.C.U
                      YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

• Looks good, subtle, nice job!

Comment

• perfect choice with the wheels,.. MUCH better than the originals, and look fairly OEM too.

Comment

Working...
                          X