My Insignia Grand Sport SRi Nav

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by marko301 View Post
    This stuff https://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/...&storeId=10001 really easy to put on. I did quite a few coats until I got them the shade I wanted. Impatient me didn't wait between coats either. Dries totally clear. You wouldn't know they'd been sprayed.
    Just buy normal black gloss and lightly spray on coats.
    1/4 the price same result.

Comment

• Originally posted by RBH View Post
      Just buy normal black gloss and lightly spray on coats.
      1/4 the price same result.
      Nah this stuff is totally clear. It makes it look like the plastic lens is tinted rather than black sprayed on. If its a certain look you're after this stuff is worth the extra.
      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Nah this stuff is totally clear. It makes it look like the plastic lens is tinted rather than black sprayed on. If its a certain look you're after this stuff is worth the extra.
        C'mon.....you might have guessed I'd opt for the cheaper method

Comment

C'mon.....you might have guessed I'd opt for the cheaper method
          Well I did wonder....I think what caught me out was that you didn't use a Sharpie. They're even cheaper than paint.
          2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Well I did wonder....I think what caught me out was that you didn't use a Sharpie. They're even cheaper than paint.
            Sharpies are dearer than Poundland aerosol

Comment

Sharpies are dearer than Poundland aerosol
              Very true, but The Original Factory Shop does a packet of 8 sharpie copies for £1 [emoji12]

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
              Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

• Originally posted by MattG View Post
                Very true, but The Original Factory Shop does a packet of 8 sharpie copies for £1 [emoji12]
                Now your talking......you can teach me soooooo much Matt

Comment

• Marko.. next mod ??? Kit is €499

Comment

• Originally posted by Defie View Post
                    Marko.. next mod ??? Kit is €499

https://youtu.be/GPuey8XZp84
                    Nah, I'd have to get my fob out of my pocket.

The only time that sees the light of day is when I take it out and stick it in its Faraday pouch when I'm at home.

Comment

The only time that sees the light of day is when I take it out and stick it in its Faraday pouch when I'm at home.
                      And he's in the posh part of 'Ull

Comment

Nah, I'd have to get my fob out of my pocket.

It has that nice feature where you can open the boot by waving your foot under the bumper. You could keep your fob and your hands in your pocket ����

Comment

And he's in the posh part of 'Ull
                          What do you mean posh part? The whole of 'ull is posh. We just like to hide the fact an do it very well imo.

Originally posted by Defie View Post
                          It has that nice feature where you can open the boot by waving your foot under the bumper. You could keep your fob and your hands in your pocket ����
                          Yeah but does it stop half way up to let the rain water run off before opening fully so water doesn't pour into the boot?

No, it isn't something I'd be interested in tbh.

Comment

• Hey marko I’ve just spent the best part of 2hours reading this whole thread and it’s been great seeing the journey your car has had with its mods.
                            Quick question if you don’t mind, I’m interested in the rear splitter but I have a GS with the body kit and left hand side exhaust pipe, do you think I will run into any problems fitting the splitter?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris_20 View Post
                              Hey marko I’ve just spent the best part of 2hours reading this whole thread and it’s been great seeing the journey your car has had with its mods.
                              Quick question if you don’t mind, I’m interested in the rear splitter but I have a GS with the body kit and left hand side exhaust pipe, do you think I will run into any problems fitting the splitter?
                              Hi, I'm pretty sure you shouldn't have any issues from the body kit because the splitter is a direct replacement for the existing black trim which looks the same on cars with and without body kits.

The exhaust tip will need cutting off and replacing with a hidden curved down tip like this,

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris_20 View Post
                                Hey marko I’ve just spent the best part of 2hours reading this whole thread.
                                Hey Chris,
                                At least we know you won't get bored watching the paint dry when you spray your wheels black! Welcome to the marko301 Appreciation Society.
                                2018 1.5T SRi Nav
                                Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Working...
                                X