My Insignia Grand Sport SRi Nav

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by marko301 View Post
    Yeah I'm not bothering with the WiFi. I have a 20gb a month data plan on my phone so just turn the hotspot on for the car if I need to.

That's good they can start the car then.
    I’ll probably do the same, I’m on a three Sim only plan that has unlimited data for £20 a month and 30gb a month for the personal hotspot. Was £15 a month until three changed their plans a while ago. Also has no roaming charges in quite a lot of countries including France where I’ll use it most although not sure how the hotspot feature works abroad.

Comment

Height of laziness from me last night.

I have passive locking turned on so the car locks itself every time I get out. I turned it off on Monday morning just before I left it so they wouldn't keep getting locked out if they didn't have the key on them. Anyway....When I picked it back up yesterday morning, I forgot to turn it back on. When I looked out of the living room window last night I saw the alarm led wasn't flashing and remembered I hadn't locked the car but my key was upstairs. So...Out came my phone...Straight on the app and hey presto! Locked the doors!
      Im forgetful and find that a great feature [emoji846]

Comment

• Originally posted by bransoj View Post
        Must admit I did something similar last night. Went to a gig at Rock City in Nottingham and parked the car up in a multi storey near by, was 99% certain I’d locked it as we were walking down the levels but just to be safe I locked it via the app as we carried on.

Was actually wondering whilst in the gig that if it got rowdy and lost my keys could I get out of the situation with onstar? Could I use the app to unlock the car then once in call onstar via the button on the roof and could they start the car remotely if I answered the various questions remotely?
        Yes they can, you need to clutch it thats all for them to start it

Comment

• Hey guys, i must ask you something. Did you setup your front lights higher through the mounting bolts which are located under the hood ? Because i think mine was setup really low as factory default. Or did you not touched it at all ?

Comment

• I haven't adjusted my standard lights. If yours seem low, have you checked the headlight level adjuster (near the driver's knee) is set to 0 (the highest setting).
            2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

I haven't adjusted my standard lights. If yours seem low, have you checked the headlight level adjuster (near the driver's knee) is set to 0 (the highest setting).
              Same for me.. no mechanical adjustment under the hood..quite a lot of adjustment possible with the leveling switch inside the car

Comment

• Not posted any update in a while. Just a few nice shots really taken last weekend.

Got some new led bulbs in that I'm quite pleased about because they have a nice cut off just like the halogens did. Not really got any images out on the road yet but here's a close up of the colour,

They're the usual 6500k most leds seem to be but I find they look around the same as 5000k xenons which make them a good match for the drls.
                Last edited by marko301; 13-02-2019, 06:58 AM.
                2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

• Looking well Marko. Glad to see the LED’s are still a hit ��

Comment

• Yeah I did have a little hiccup with them. After a day, the left one threw up a bulb out error so I stuck the canbus box in and it hasn't appeared since. That was over a week ago.

Yeah they're a nice output on the road and no bother to other road users. I've watched their faces and they're oblivious to them so nothing is shining in their eyes but you can see that anyway by the cut off.

Comment

• I have been reading this thread and have to say your car looks amazing Marco. I have the Grand Sport Elite with the same wheels as you and think the car is a massive upgrade from my last 2015 model Sri Vx Line. I went for the Elite as i wanted the toys that i never had on my old one, but wish i had the Vx Line kit on it but i can imagine it would cost an arm and a leg to add one now. Looking at yours though it doesn’t need it. So maybe the best option for me would be to go for the Sri springs to bring it a bit lower. Do you know if this would effect my warranty?

Comment

• As far as I'm aware they haven't put different springs on different models this time around. From what I'm lead to believe, they're all on the same. Ground clearance on mine between the sill and the floor is about 200mm. Measurement taken just before the back wheel while the car was stood on my drive.

Comment

• Cheers Mark i will check that, mine seems to sit high at the back.

Comment

• Decided to fit a 5" chrome exhaust tip. This time it's a proper in line one so I had to cut away some skirt. Looks far better than my earlier attempt (on page 13) when I fitted a smaller oval that dropped down under the skirt.

Comment

Decided to fit a 5" chrome exhaust tip. This time it's a proper in line one so I had to cut away some skirt. Looks far better than my earlier attempt (on page 13) when I fitted a smaller oval that dropped down under the skirt.

That looks spot on. I did very similar with my Sports Tourer.

It really bugged me it not having a visible exhaust.

Shows how big cars have got, 5 inch would have looked MASSIVE on older cars. Looks perfect there.

Comment

• Originally posted by roverspeed View Post
                                Shows how big cars have got, 5 inch would have looked MASSIVE on older cars. Looks perfect there.
                                Totally agree

Comment

Working...
                                X