Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you heard???

Vauxhall are bringing back the GSI for the new Insignia

Details here from Top Gear website...2.0L Turbo giving 256bhp.

Comment

And a diesel version. That'll be the new biturbo?
      http://media.opel.com/media/intl/en/...ignia-gsi.html

Comment

Originally posted by buttons View Post
        And a diesel version. That'll be the new biturbo?
        http://media.opel.com/media/intl/en/...ignia-gsi.html

Be nice if it was a twin turbo V6,,but probs not
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Twin turbo V6 would be nice! Haha

Comment

Anyone else think 250 odd bhp isnt a lot?

Comment

Originally posted by Spark View Post
              It beat the current vxr round the track though. Wonder what the new vxr will be like if the gsi is that quick.
              Bhp figures aren't everything. Its how that power is delivered to the wheels and how the car handles that makes the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Spark View Post
                It's disappointingly low BHP for a hot Insignia. They could at least transplant the Astra J VXR's 280 engine.
                And combining sporty looks with an auto gearbox won't appeal to the driving enthusiasts. Besides, there's already an Elite available with the same spec so the GSI will just take sales from the Elite.

I don't see any incentive for me to even consider swapping my 2.8 Elite auto 4wd. Surely Vauxhall's new range-topping Insignias need to wow people like me?

Comment

Originally posted by Mo_miah View Post
                  It beat the current vxr round the track though.
                  Do you have a link for info on that?

Comment

Rear wheel drive would be nice but I doubt it. I had a Zafira gsi years ago and it was a real pigeon catcher.
                    I want to go out of this world the way i came in...kicking and screaming and covered in somebody elses blood...

Comment

It is low BHP, especially compared to the current VXR but maybe a hotter version will come out in a couple of months? who knows

Comment

Originally posted by 2000rpm View Post
                        It's disappointingly low BHP for a hot Insignia. They could at least transplant the Astra J VXR's 280 engine.
                        And combining sporty looks with an auto gearbox won't appeal to the driving enthusiasts. Besides, there's already an Elite available with the same spec so the GSI will just take sales from the Elite.

I don't see any incentive for me to even consider swapping my 2.8 Elite auto 4wd. Surely Vauxhall's new range-topping Insignias need to wow people like me?
                        Is it the "hot" Insignia though or is that still to come and this is just the slightly warmer version for folk that want a bit more but dont want the full on VXR experience. Always seems that when new cars launch like this it takes longer for the full on sporty versions to finally arrive.

Horsepower aside however....the bodykit on it makes the styling look loads better than the standard ones. Are we getting a Sports Tourer GSI though?

Comment

I have a feeling this is their top sports model, this replaces the VXR.

Comment

Kinda looks like it's styled after a c class. I think they'll come out with a full VXR version around the 300 who mark

Comment

i like the bmw approach, x20d for all the people that want economy and the x40d (3.0l quad turbo diesel) for people who want more performance

Comment

Working...
                              X