Drivers side carpet removal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drivers side carpet removal?

How does the drivers side carpet come out?

I know it'll need the drivers seat moving/removing but other than that does it just pull out from under the console sides and sill trim...I know it's a separate section.

I need it out to give it a damn good clean as the pedals get in the way when shampooing it and there is something sticky, possibly chewing gum residue stuck to it from the previous owner.

Thanks guys

If you take the carpet out to clean it , it'll loose it's shape.
    Plus I'm sure the carpet is in one piece through out the car.

Comment

Carpets are thermoformed so if you don't use too much heat they will be ok and keep their shape.
      Drivers and passengers front carpets are separate pieces.
      Rear is all one piece near and offside.
      Carpets just sit in place due to preformed shape and a couple of clips under the seat.

Comment

Originally posted by MJSROOFING View Post
        If you take the carpet out to clean it , it'll loose it's shape.
        Plus I'm sure the carpet is in one piece through out the car.
        Wrong on both....the front foot-well carpets are separate as I said, and they don't lose shape as I've had carpets out of loads of cars over the years to deep clean and all were fine and went back without any issues.

Originally posted by buttons View Post
        Carpets just sit in place due to preformed shape and a couple of clips under the seat.
        Brilliant thanks buttons....so in effect once the seat is moved it should pull out from the console and sill, ta.

Comment

Best I know yes, there is one or two clips under the seat. I'm crossing fingers!!

Comment

Steam cleaner long handle brush

Comment

Working...
            X