No announcement yet.

Ban on petrol and diesel new car sales in 2040

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buses have plenty of room for batteries. If anything can do the distance, it should be them. Lorries would need two trailers though...One for their cargo and one for their batteries.
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

im sure in the next 20 years batteries will provide 300-400 miles and even faster charging
      i wonder if horse riders were like this when they saw the first car

Comment

They've been trying to improve batteries for phones for years now and got nowhere.....for it to be applicable to the mass car market then it needs to happen sooner rather than later.

Comment

How have they got nowhere? Battery capacity has increased. Battery size decreased. Charge rate has massively increased. I think they are doing pretty well

Comment

Originally posted by Mo_miah View Post
            How have they got nowhere? Battery capacity has increased. Battery size decreased. Charge rate has massively increased. I think they are doing pretty well
            But still not got to a stage where the likes of an iPhone\Samsung phone can last much more than a day. Electric cars are using the same batteries just a bit bigger and loads of them stacked in the car. For electric cars to be viable as mainstream we are an awfully long way off. Only the likes of Tesla's seem to have anything like a decent range but they are out of the price range of your average type of person.

Comment

BMW have a lorry which is entirely electric and they use it to ferry parts between factories. Also, think of the acid inside these batteries. What happens in accident and acid spillage causes poison and burns to the environment etc.

Comment

each generation smartphone has a better battery, but the power demand of new screens and processors is also up
                but a samsung s8 battery is better than a nokia 3210
                look at where we have come from the gen1 prius of 1997 to now, we are talking 20+ years to go

Comment

each generation smartphone has a better battery, but the power demand of new screens and processors is also up
                  but a samsung s8 battery is better than a nokia 3210
                  look at where we have come from the gen1 prius of 1997 to now, we are talking 20+ years to go
                  I remember my Nokia 3210. I'd have one all over again. These smartphones can be a pain in the arse sometimes.

Comment

I be near 60

I should make it to 60

Comment

i can see a lot of boy racers getting electrocuted while trying to modify their electric cars

Comment

i can see a lot of boy racers getting electrocuted while trying to modify their electric cars
                        Would that be a bad thing?

Comment

Oh yes.

Comment

Do we have to worry about stuff like that when there is another technology to think about.

We won't be driving so i doubt we as consumers care about what fuel goes in the cars.

Comment

Surely by 2040 they'll have the technology to charge as you drive with alternator like we do now? Thus reducing the need to plug in and charge as often??

--- 2010 Vauxhall Insignia 2.0 CDTI SRI 160 ---

Comment

The 'Flux Capacitor' is the future. I saw it somewhere, fitted to a 80's DeLorean and it worked a treat, just need a bit of plutonium. Or a lightning strike.

Comment

Working...
                                X