Ban on petrol and diesel new car sales in 2040

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can see plenty cancelling sky sports

2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Or we can all have a stargate in the garden. Ye im a geek

Comment

The problem with fully autonomous cars is the potential for hacking into the onboard computers and enabling it to be remotely controlled by a would be killer. I can't see myself trusting one. I like to feel in control of my car, this sort of thing would take the enjoyment out off it.

Still, I'll be 70 odd then and most likely won't care.

Comment

Originally posted by Blood-Vipre View Post
          The problem with fully autonomous cars is the potential for hacking into the onboard computers and enabling it to be remotely controlled by a would be killer.
          You should read this

Comment

When they announced this I had a browse of Nissan Leafs on eBay. A number of the ads stated 'batteries owned' but one or two stated 'batteries leased'. One of these showed the leasing charge which seemed to range from about £70 to £100 PER MONTH.......for those owned how much for a new set of batteries when the owned ones expire. I understand that Toyota gave a six year guarantee on Prius batteries that was then reduced to 5 years and I do not know if it is still the same.

Yes, 23 years could see battery technology coming on greatly but what will be the range?

Still, at least electric cars will be pollution free......apart from the pollution of manufacturing the batteries and also generating the electricity to charge the cars.

Perhaps, another method could be to ban sales of automatic cars - normally, manual cars use less fuel (and I drive an auto).

Comment

With the Renault electric cars you pay a monthly fee for the battery...guy at work has a Twizy. Looks a right prat driving it and he paid for the optional extra doors!!

Comment

Working...
              X