Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insignia info

Newbie insignia
    Just joined looking to buy a 12 plate 20ltr CDTI SRI, big miles loads of receipts including cambelt etc, are they any good any advice what to look out for in-particular. Cheers ajn

to the forum

Comment

The big thing to look out for is the 'low oil pressure warning' especially being high mileage

Comment

Welcome

If its a high miler then as long as the service history is up to date not much. Just keep driving it

Whats AJN stand for because they are also my initials

Comment

Thanks for the welcome and reply can't make my mind up on buying this 174000 miles company car for an engerneering firm, drove it no rattles,wobbles responsive to the foot, no leaks or smoking, they got a garage on site where all work carried out, 12 plate cdti 2ltr sri

Comment

Important question is cost? how much they want for it

Comment

Originally posted by Spark View Post
              Important question is cost? how much they want for it
              £2,500 mate

Comment

At that mileage I would factor in changing the seal on the oil pickup pipe in the sump. This is becoming a common failure leading to the bottom end seizing
                Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Was it a taxi before with them miles on it?

Comment

Originally posted by Plym Ian View Post
                    Was it a taxi before with them miles on it?
                    It the company car for an engineering firm,Miles putting me off, haven't really followed up the sale.

Comment

Originally posted by Ajn View Post
                      £2,500 mate
                      £2500, isn't that a bit expensive for a car that has 150000+ miles on the clock?? Might just be me and my tight ass though

Comment

Working...
                      X