No announcement yet.

intellilink and usb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes you can, only when parked with handbrake on.
    Why would you want to?
    In my case stuck in a ferry port for two hours waiting for the delayed ferry I found it very useful!

Comment

I'm intrigued to know as my BMW did that's all my navi 900 unit won't even recognise any USB stick

Comment

Although it says you can use a USB stick I have only ever used the SD Card. Think I'll give it a try.
        If you search on Youtube for, How to convert and play videos on IntelliLink R 4.0 with a USB, for instructions but basic it's:
        On a Windows PC.
        Download and install a programme called "Handbrake"
        Select mp4
        From Picture Tab choose pixel format for car, "640"
        From Video Tab choose codec for car, (H.264)
        From Audio Tab choose bitrate for car, (AAC(Avcodec) - 128bit)
        Hit "Start" button.
        It will probably save it as an "m4v" file but that's ok.

Comment

It should also work at 720 though haven't tried it myself.

So, first download Handbrake video converter (it's free just Google it), to save you having to enter the right settings every time you run it make a new profile on the right hand side, Give it a file name like Insignia so you know what it's for, in the Video tab set it to MP4, width 720 (leave the height blank) and bitrate 2000, in the Audio tab set the mix down to stereo, save your profile and your ready to convert.
          Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Mine sometimes takes a little time to see the stick but has never not eventually seen it.

Comment

Gurdip this might sound silly, give the usb port a blow, might be dusty so won't recognise the stick. If it doesn't work you could try replacing the usb port.

Comment

I am asumming that you have actually tried the USB stick in a pC to make sure the USB stick actually works

Comment

yes stick is working fine but just has stopped working in the car. wont register/work pick up any signal to the intellink system.

Comment

Could try replacing the usb port.

Comment

The ports work as my phone charges etc.

Comment

Try a different make of USB stick. I found the cheap 16Gb work well on mine.

Comment

Working...
                        X