X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fault codes

Hello all.

Need some help.

Got home from 5 days away on Monday and started my car up... engine didn't sound to clever. Like a knocking inside the engine •.

Took to garage today and they put it on the fault reader.

Got error codes:
    P0402 - EGR flow excessive

P2479 - EGR temp sensor 1 - high tempature

P0069 - Manifold absolute pressure (MAP) barometric pressure not plausible

P068A - Engine controls ignition relay de-energised too early.

So for the first 3 I plan to give the EGR valve, MAP sensor and throttle body a clean.

The last one I have no idea.

So can anyone give me some advice what else I can do to clear these. Does anyone know where EGR temp sensor 1 is?

Thanks
    Last edited by Pondy81; 23-08-2017, 07:39 PM.
    sigpic

Wonder is there like a relay for the ignition in the fuse box? Could be a cheep part if it is just a relay.

Comment

Clean the egr first and that should fix your issues. I've opened and closed the egr manually using opcom and the engine sounded like you described

Comment

Only exhaust temp sensor is on lower of exhaust manifold? That's the only one I know of, there a O2 sensor- on top, and a pressure sensor- further back exhaust system, etc but only 1 temp? Easy to get at and change if necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by buttons View Post
          Only exhaust temp sensor is on lower of exhaust manifold? That's the only one I know of, there a O2 sensor- on top, and a pressure sensor- further back exhaust system, etc but only 1 temp? Easy to get at and change if necessary.
          Don't suppose you have a pic or can find a pic to show me location?

sigpic

Comment

So EGR valve, pipe and MAP sensor cleaned today...

Unfortunately. Still not fixed my problem!

sigpic

Comment

Before EGR valve

EGR after

Pipe before

Pipe after

MAP before

MAP after

sigpic

Comment

Was it a big job removing the valve and the pipe or is it just the 10mms that I can feel round the back of the block?

Comment

I can’t find p2479 as an egr code only as bank 1 sensor 2??

Comment

Originally posted by markinuckfield View Post
                    I can’t find p2479 as an egr code only as bank 1 sensor 2??
                    Just had another thought, could it be EGT not EGR?

Comment

P2479 is related to exhaust gas temperature. What issues have you had? Overheating coming up on dash? If so, likely to be the exhaust temp sensor. Common problem
                      Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

I am having similar symptoms, though i am only getting the P0402 code and i cant drive it. If you dont mind, what was the solution to your problem?

Comment

Did you find out what the answer was to the P0069 code?

Comment

P0069 equates to MAP correlation value. The map measures the amount of pressure in the inlet manifold.and converts it into an electrical signal sent to the ECU as you accelerate vacuum drops and pressure rises .
                            I would take your MAP sensor out and clean it with electrical contact cleaner and a cotton wall bud .
                            Don't prod it as it's a very fragile component.
                            They do get gummed up with carbon and stuff and should be cleaned regularly.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

.K.M.P.C.U
                            YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
                              P0069 equates to MAP correlation value. The map measures the amount of pressure in the inlet manifold.and converts it into an electrical signal sent to the ECU as you accelerate vacuum drops and pressure rises .
                              I would take your MAP sensor out and clean it with electrical contact cleaner and a cotton wall bud .
                              Don't prod it as it's a very fragile component.
                              They do get gummed up with carbon and stuff and should be cleaned regularly.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
                              I have replaced the MAP sensor. Also replaced waste gate valve and the intercooler boost pipe. Wastegate actuator also works when vacuum is applied. Cleaned EGR and pipe, cleaned MAF and throttle body but the fault code remains. I note your comment about accelerate and vacuum drops. My diagnostic (Vauxcom and Torque (Light)shows a very slight drop when revving engine. Vacuum level is -12. Also when the engine is switched off the vacuum level remains. Is this normal or does it give a clue to the source of the problem?

Comment

Working...
                              X