Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest LED Headlight bulbs in reflectors - did anyone work it out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest LED Headlight bulbs in reflectors - did anyone work it out?

I've seen a few threads on these but nothing conclusive that they are OK with correct beam pattern etc.

These: (Not the cheaper ones with rows of LED's on)

Picture for illustration only, I know these aren't the correct Insignia fitment)~

They do look better spec than HID's as they appear to give the correct beam pattern but from what I've seen they could still be stupidly over bright.

I've tried a few but they dont fit as the bulb holders dont fit around the bulb properly

Comment

Originally posted by Mo_miah View Post
      I've tried a few but they dont fit as the bulb holders dont fit around the bulb properly
      One thread I saw said it needed a different holder, for a Bora? Or do you mean something else?

Comment

Ye i saw that and i get those clips but the led bulb i got has too wide of a neck so the clip doesnt sit right
        But... As im writing this i just had an epiphany
        I think i may had found a way to make it work
        The leds i have are these

Comment

I know someone that fitted leds into a reflector. Worse beam pattern I've seen so far. They need to do a little more work on them yet. Also, they always state 400 lumens or whatever but that's for both bulbs so really they are 2000 lumens each... around 1300 lumens short of a good hid bulb.

I think for now the xenon kits are still brighter. The only advantage of leds is the instant full brightness without warmup.

Comment

Had these type of LEDs in my 2xcites,,but they were projectors. It was a close call to get the cover back on the light,,can't remember off hand how much room is in the halogens,,would the dust cover fit back on ?
            ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

I put some h1 hids in the high beam but warm up is too slow

Comment

I have something similar in my motorbike which is a reflector style light, 1 CREE LED on each side of it and i'm not sure on it like. it's a lot brighter to look at, but with it being a very white light you kind of loose a bit of contrast so if the roads are damp it can be hard to see.

2015 SRI 2.0CDTI ecoderp hatch

Comment

bit like this

before (low beam)

after (low beam)

Comment

Thanks for the replies everyone...They don't sound ideal really.

Comment

I'd personally go for a xenon headlight retrofit.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewish View Post
                        I'd personally go for a xenon headlight retrofit.

They are silly money to buy and get converted....aand people have issues with them.

Comment

probably better off with some 5-6K HIDs

Comment

Originally posted by Twed View Post
                            probably better off with some 5-6K HIDs
                            Not in reflectors.

Comment

oh well, phillips extreme vision or osram night breakers are pretty much the best halogens you can buy.

how clear are your headlamps? maybe they could do with a polish too?

Comment

Working...
                              X