Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Electric window not working (driver's rear)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric window not working (driver's rear)

I'm really worried that I'm starting to chase problems around now.

Bloomin driver's side rear window has just packed up (luckily in the 'up' position). Checked the fuse (no.21 30A) and that's OK.

Checked operation from the front and rear switch with the same negative result.

Do both rear windows run from the same fuse?

What else can I try to fix it without removing the door trim?

Thanks.

Try removing the switches and cleaning the contacts.
    LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

And check the plug hasn't fell out of the switch,,happened to my driver's side window switches
      ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
        And check the plug hasn't fell out of the switch,,happened to my driver's side window switches
        Would that be a problem if both switches aren't working though?

Comment

I'm as deaf as a post so the current Mrs BL has just lent me her ears and there's no whirring or other sounds coming from inside the door when either switch is activated.

Is it an MoT failure? I don't think the windows get tested but would appreciate it if someone "in the know" could confirm.

Comment

Just a thought,,have you removed the 2 rubber grommets from the bottom of each door,,if no remove them,,the door cavities may have water inside,as these grommets can block up and stop the water escaping
            ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by BlabyLoyal View Post
              Would that be a problem if both switches aren't working though?

Rear door switch plug may have come loose

Comment

Working...
              X