Front parking sensors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front parking sensors

My 64 insignia elite's front parking sensors only seem to work after the car has been in reverse. If I start the car and drive forward I can get within millimeters of an obstacle and don't get any warnings. If I do the same but put it in reverse before pulling forward the front sensors work. Anyone else have this problem?

This is normal.

It would be a bad design to have it on all the time, as you get close to the car in front it would beep, that won't be good and annoying.

Comment

If you do want it on all the time you can do a manual override, is to turn off your parking sensors using button on the dash and turn it on again.

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
        This is normal.

It would be a bad design to have it on all the time, as you get close to the car in front it would beep, that won't be good and annoying.
        Isn't it supposed to beep when you get too close to something?

Comment

My one starts beeping if I get too close to something, activates under 5mph and deactivates above 5mph. Never had that problem though! Try like sriray said, might help!
          Last edited by TheKnight_RS; 08-09-2017, 04:14 PM. Reason: My bad - I put 20mph, it's actually 5mph even if going forward

Comment

Originally posted by uk_newbie View Post
            Isn't it supposed to beep when you get too close to something?
            No. Can you imagine what it is like when you are at traffic lights waiting with car in front quite close to you and having a constant beep.
            The front only comes on automatically with reverse activated prior, for parking purposes

Comment

I don't know if it's changed on the B but mine is on all the time. If I get too close to the car in front it lights up the first bar on my driver's screen. Any closer and the second bar lights up and the bleeping starts. You have to be pretty close for that though.
              2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
                No. Can you imagine what it is like when you are at traffic lights waiting with car in front quite close to you and having a constant beep.
                The front only comes on automatically with reverse activated prior, for parking purposes
                Just wondered as my previous car would stop beeping as soon as you touched the brake pedal or put the hand brake on

Comment

I cant comment about other cars but for the preface the front only works with reverse activated prior. For your facelift I assume is the same as the preface protocol

Comment

Mine operates the same as Ray's.
                    Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                    Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Originally posted by Howy View Post
                      Mine operates the same as Ray's.
                      Guess vauxhall assume everyone reverses into a parking space and never drive straight into one

Comment

But my works Ford Transit van I can switch the fronts on,will try the car next time i'm in traffic just to see what happens and will post result.
                        Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Just looked in handbook,fronts on pre f/l can be switched on by pressing switch for front parking,then over certain speed revert back to reverse activation,someone may have already said this on this thread.

Comment

Are they factory fitted sensors ? They may have been retrofitted ?

Comment

They are factory fitted

Comment

Working...
                              X