No announcement yet.

Low oil pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont even think that regular oil changes are preventative for this issue, my old insignia suffered main bearing failure at 77k miles last year despite changing the oil far more regular than the specified interval. Additionally the oil used was always decent Shell Helix Professional AG Dexos compliant. Interestingly with mine there was no oil pressure low warning symptoms on the run up to failure, it just literally happened one day. I am of the belief that there are serious design failings with early A20DTH engines that cannot just be down to the oil pickup seal.

Comment

That's interesting, when you say early engines , what years you thinking of.

Comment

I am on 197.670 miles on my 2.0 CDTI Diesel...59 Reg A20dth Insignia .....and it is running as sweet as a nut ......averaged 56 MPG this morning on a 80 mile trip to Swindon . I change the oil according to the Oil indicator on the dash when it gets to about 20% .( i have not been particular with what oil i use ) Most of my mileage has been highway mileage.I changed timing belt at 109 .000 miles and again at 187.000miles ...also did the Oil pump seals and cleaned the oil pump at 187.000. New clutch at about 120 .000 miles. Other than that the normal wear and tear items like shocks , brakes .....back wheel bearings, new Glow plugs , filters etc. I am fairly confident of getting many more miles out of it .....as although in perfect condition is worth absolutely nothing on the second hand market. i do have another nice car on the drive for day she gives up , although does not look soon .

Comment

Originally posted by MJSROOFING View Post
          That's interesting, when you say early engines , what years you thinking of.
          My feeling is 09-11. Mine was a 10 plate 160 auto.

Comment

Mine a 2013 on a 12 plate, (preface) I guess I'll just have to hope for the best.

Comment

Originally posted by MJSROOFING View Post
              So are we better off buying our oil direct from Vauxhall so we know we have the correct oil quality for our engine.

Does anyone know if I have to remove the gearbox on my car to remove the sump bolts, mine at auto box.
              I think it is more a diesel fuel quality issue. Sorry no experience of auto box.

Comment

So getting mine back this week, off the road since end October 2017. Full rebuild on the bottom end, block needed work as well. Ah well, I didn't really want a holiday this year....

Comment

Working...
                X