X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low oil pressure

Hi Guys new to Insignia ownership 160 bhp diesel 103k on the clock

I have already done the Inlet Manifold and replaced a Injector

On Friday on the way to work Low oil pressure came up on the dash, I pulled over straight away and got the AA to tow the car to my works workshop, AA man said regen had failed didnt want to take any changes with it.

I have seen loads of posts about the low oil pressure problems, Im thinking about doing a oil change to see if this will cure the problem

Has anyone got any advice, cos really don't want to be a engine rebuild this early into ownership

Oil change wont hurt. When you drain the oil check to see if there's any bits in it. Any lumpy bits or metal shavings etc

Comment

Comment

Heard few horror stories linked to "low oil pressure" message,,oil seal between pump and pick up pipe fails,causing engine bottom end to seize
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Thanks for your replys guys
          Oil filter has got metal in it, Ive got the car on the ramp at work to start taking off the gearbox and sump, Im hoping its just going to be the bottom end bearings and New oil pump replacement,

Does any one know if there is a upgraded Oil pump that can be used

Comment

Got this for a split second on start up this evening, not been out all day. 5oC outside. Guess what I'll be doing Tuesday, after I get pickup seal. 2012 A20DTR 143k. I am one scared little boy this evening!

Comment

Originally posted by buttons View Post
              Got this for a split second on start up this evening, not been out all day. 5oC outside. Guess what I'll be doing Tuesday, after I get pickup seal. 2012 A20DTR 143k. I am one scared little boy this evening!
              Don't drive it till seal is changed,,I'd **** myself too after reading about bottom end seizures...good luck
              ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                Don't drive it till seal is changed,,I'd **** myself too after reading about bottom end seizures...good luck
                Yup. Parked up. And 18yr old washing machine packed up a few days ago, that was expected for the last 15 years. Its pouring! Just hope no damage done to date. Not looking forward to this. I have a drive shaft to change too, inner joint worn on nearside. That'll be on the back burner till I see how this unfolds. Plus the issue with the Kumho tyres. Kumho have gone silent on that one. Anyway, thanks for good wishes. I'll photo current seal and let all know how it goes. Had a chat previously with dealer regarding this, there was 2 on the desk the last time I was in, and he said for some reason he sells plenty of seals, but for aftermarket trade and all for Vauxhall's, being repaired by independents, he has never replaced a seal on an Opel in his garage. I dont know why and he didnt know why? May as well do a service at the same time. OR am I wasting my time? I'm fearing the worst!

Comment

Are you DIY ?

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                    Are you DIY ?
                    That's the plan. I'll talk to dealers in the morn when I order part and regarding do-ability. They are straight talking so will decide then. Fooks Sake.

Comment

Had that warning come on, intermittently, first thought I was low on oil, so put some in, drove (I now know) car to a garage, claimed engine rebuild needed, got a second opinion, said I "might" get away with just replacing the seal... Anyone ever only change the seal and have no other problems? Fingers cross I won't need too much work done. Car sitting up until I am in a position to put the money into it.

Comment

Originally posted by buttons View Post
                        That's the plan. I'll talk to dealers in the morn when I order part and regarding do-ability. They are straight talking so will decide then. Fooks Sake.
                        After looking into it and talking to dealers it requires drive shaft off and gearbox off enough to get to 2 bolts of drill/grind out gearbox flange as pecky did. Didnt fancy it as too much work without lift or pit. Got car back this evening.
                        The part was €15.60, labour was €385 Total €400(Total £356).
                        Compared to the new seal on peckys photo, mine old one is quite flattened. With the lip pointing to the floor on peckys horizontal on mine.I'll get a photo up.
                        There was no sign of bearing damage but time will tell I guess.
                        I'd say it has been slowly sucking air for a while if it just hardens and looses flexability. No splits or cracks.

Comment

Sounds like a lucky escape mate

Comment

Originally posted by RobbieFitz View Post
                            Had that warning come on, intermittently, first thought I was low on oil, so put some in, drove (I now know) car to a garage, claimed engine rebuild needed, got a second opinion, said I "might" get away with just replacing the seal... Anyone ever only change the seal and have no other problems? Fingers cross I won't need too much work done. Car sitting up until I am in a position to put the money into it.
                            Fingercross for you pal. This is a common fault which vx should sort out but don't and could cost owners dearly

Comment

Did over 350km today. All seems ok. Though I could have spent that money on a cv joint and few other bits and pieces that need doing. Anyway, I could have been looking at a lot worse so I'll not dwell on it though I'm listening to every little noise now.

Comment

Working...
                              X