Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure wat damage its done to top thats my concern

Comment

I'm in the same boat as you, waiting to hear on mine. Once mine is running again, it will be traded in for a non GM car....

Comment

Mine stands me at 2100 which i paid plus 600 on this oil pump only to find its still knackered so after i sort this engine out its prob gona stand me at 4000 and its a sri 130 bhp 2010 plate so only choice i have is keep and hope i get my moneys worth out of it ,ive no other option

Comment

Mine stand me more than it worth before I get if fixed.... But i need a car that won't break down at the turn of a wheel...

Comment

For anyone interested in the Feb issue of Car Mechanics they are starting an Insignia project that looks like a 2011 with over 150,000 on the clock...

First job is to fix the low Oil Pressure warning that appears...be interesting to see what they do over the next few months...

Comment

Well i ended up selling mine for 700 and cut my losses ,only cars worth buying in vauxhalls are astra 06-09 ,vectras 55-58 ,bullet proof and reliable but shame they dont make the insignia with them engines .i think vauxhall are to blame for my 2 grand loss and should put it right on these cars for free ,i didnt realise there was so many in same position as me till i looked it up ,hope u all get ur oil pressure thing sorted ,good luck

Comment

Ahhhhhh Block damaged, needs replacing..... Top of Engine ok, Turbo good, DMF good. FFS. To far in now to pull out, may as well go the distance.

Comment

I just got told to put a recon in cause it work out cheaper than doing bottom end just in case theres damage at top ,i got 700 though for 10 plate non runner

Comment

All cars have their faults
                    My insignia is on 115k and i've had very little trouble with it
                    Most of the issues are caused by using cheap oil, just because the oil meets dexos2 doesn't mean its any good
                    Cars these days are built to last 5years or 100k miles, if like me you want to keep your car for as long as possible then change your oil every 10k miles or 1 year, use a "low ash" dexos2 oil like Shell AG, this will save your DPF and turbo as the small oil channels won't block, and change all oil seals before they become brittle
                    the extra bit of maintenance will prolong life of your engine and prevent costly repairs
                    the reason older engines lasted longer was because they wont pushed as hard to produce as much power and torque
                    once you start adding more fuel more boost and run an engine hotter then the oil burns much easier
                    thats why americas like big engine that produce less power and torque, you can run them from coast to coast with little trouble

Comment

Originally posted by Mo_miah View Post
                      All cars have their faults
                      My insignia is on 115k and i've had very little trouble with it
                      Most of the issues are caused by using cheap oil, just because the oil meets dexos2 doesn't mean its any good
                      Cars these days are built to last 5years or 100k miles, if like me you want to keep your car for as long as possible then change your oil every 10k miles or 1 year, use a "low ash" dexos2 oil like Shell AG, this will save your DPF and turbo as the small oil channels won't block, and change all oil seals before they become brittle
                      the extra bit of maintenance will prolong life of your engine and prevent costly repairs
                      the reason older engines lasted longer was because they wont pushed as hard to produce as much power and torque
                      once you start adding more fuel more boost and run an engine hotter then the oil burns much easier
                      thats why americas like big engine that produce less power and torque, you can run them from coast to coast with little trouble
                      Mine is same milage as yours, I got it with 68k on the clock, only recently had a "Big" service, TBK, W/pump. I will admit to skimping on the oil, made sure spec was right and had planned on changing it within 10k, (I sell car parts for a living) 4 months later Oil pressure comes on, fingers crossed for just an oil seal, but not with my luck, full bottom rebuild with replacement block...

Comment

Originally posted by RobbieFitz View Post
                        Ahhhhhh Block damaged, needs replacing..... Top of Engine ok, Turbo good, DMF good. FFS. To far in now to pull out, may as well go the distance.
                        That hurts. Good luck mate.

Comment

oil changes are more important especially on a turbo engine
                          i saw a test on youtube when they got a honda engine, drained the oil and coolant, it took 10mins for the engine to pack up while running at 8000rpm
                          a turbo runs between 60,000-300,000rpm, if it is starved of oil it will pack up in seconds
                          oil also helps cool the engine, as turbos run very hot oil is the other thing cooling them, when you switch the engine off the oil in the turbo pipes instantly burn, these burnt deposits need to be washed away by regular oil changes

if you delay your oil change the engine will have some hot spots which bake the rubber seals

the prefacelift insignia sold 100,000 units per year, considering this a very small % of them have failed prematurely

people join forums to get answers to problems, but there are plenty of good insignias out there that we never hear about

Comment

100% agree with all of the above.....plus failed DPF regens will put diesel into the sump which must effect the oil....

I had my 09 up to 90,000 and changed the oil every 5,000 miles...would be nice to know if 3 years after trading it in its had any oil pressure problems...

Comment

Originally posted by Nickosnose View Post
                              100% agree with all of the above.....plus failed DPF regens will put diesel into the sump which must effect the oil....

I had my 09 up to 90,000 and changed the oil every 5,000 miles...would be nice to know if 3 years after trading it in its had any oil pressure problems...
                              Failed regens not the only cause of oil dilution. Diesel in the sump is a symptom of the DPF regeneration cycle but is caused by poor injector spray pattern (blocked/worn injectors) and/or modification of the injection timing by the ECU (due to other faults) to one long injection instead of several short bursts. Both cause diesel fuel to adhere to the cylinder wall and hence pass the compression/scraper piston rings and dilute the oil. The intention is that the injected diesel is vapourised and ejected out the exhaust valve to be burnt in the DPF.
                              On the BiTurbo the high pressure turbo runs up to 270,000rpm and the low pressure up to 180,000rpm.

Comment

So are we better off buying our oil direct from Vauxhall so we know we have the correct oil quality for our engine.

Does anyone know if I have to remove the gearbox on my car to remove the sump bolts, mine at auto box.

Comment

Working...
                                X