Small button in Glove box drivers side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small button in Glove box drivers side

Hi all, in my car in the glove box next to the steering wheel there is a small button which flashes red, does anyone know what it does?

Hi mate,

What year is your car? I have noticed that on mine. Any chance you could upload a pic?

Comment

Don't touch it ...it's the self destruct..

Comment

I also have one. Its obviously some aftermarket thing tha the PO had installed, but I cant figure out what it is as it's obv been removed before the car was sold on. A switch for power to a sat nav or dashcam maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by WHIPPY-WOOLLEY View Post
          Hi mate,

What year is your car? I have noticed that on mine. Any chance you could upload a pic?

its a 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by benyy View Post
            its a 2013.

Reminds me of the strange button in my car that does nothing also. Mines beside the drivers seat on the centre console

Comment

Weird hey, i'm sure someone knows what there for? I'm going to try chase the cable

Comment

Ejector seat...??

Chris

Comment

Just found a hole in mine as well where there must have been one too. Wonder what these where for ?

Comment

Who was the previous owner? Ex cop cars etc?

Comment

Third party alarm?
                      Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                      Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

My was ex lease car. Only had 25k when I brought it. Im going to have a little look where the cable goes this afternoon

Comment

It's not from factory something previous owner added on

Comment

DPF Regen light ?

Chris

Comment

The first owner of mine was motability, so I guess it might be related to that? i cant imagine what though, tbh.
                              The second I think was an enthusiast as all of the interior bulbs were changed to leds, a second light was installed in the boot and the headlights were changed to those aftermarket ones with the DRL's. I still cant think what an enthusiast would hardwire into the car with a 'secret' switch.

Comment

Working...
                              X