Just spotted this; figures for new Biturbo GSI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just spotted this; figures for new Biturbo GSI

//http://media.gm.com/media/ie/en/opel/news.detail.html/content/Pages/news/ie/en/2017/opel/09-12-iaa-frankfurt-2017-summary.html

Fuel consumption and emissions are horrendous. That's a pretty sad effort. I thought my current '12 Biturbo was bad.

Comment

210hp at 4000rpm.
      480Nm at 1500rpm.
      0-60mph = 7.8s.

And of course the petrol one which is expected to have:
      260hp at 5500rpm.
      400Nm at 3000rpm.
      0-60mph = 6.9s.

Neither of which looks particularly impressive. Engine outputs have merely inched forward with the new Insignia while everyone else takes great strides.
      Vauxhall's latest fastest cars are barely more than average performance when compared to what everyone else is churning out nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by buttons View Post
        Fuel consumption and emissions are horrendous. That's a pretty sad effort. I thought my current '12 Biturbo was bad.
        Fuel consumption and emissions might be based on the new, tougher, 'real world' test.
        But hp and torque are p!$$ poor compared to what everyone else is capable of churning out nowadays.

Comment

And the new insignia is meant to be lighter than the previous model so that should have helped with fuel economy

Comment

Think about it though... Rev happy 8 speed auto box changing gears all the time, 4 wheel drive, sticky wide tyres on heavy 20" rims in a large car... it's got everything against it to be honest.

If it's only available with an auto box, then that sucks ass...

2015 SRI 2.0CDTI ecoderp hatch

Comment

Might be faster in the real world. Were just all second guessing until the test cars are out.

Comment

Working...
              X