Worcestershire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neal_1974 View Post
    .... i have estimated petrol will cost me £227 a year more in fuel....
    Petrol usually only gets three-quarters the mpg of diesel. Probably 17p/mile in a petrol and 13p/mile in a diesel.

Comment

Bet you 165 siggy goes well my currently is the 138bhp and is ok but 165 must fly?
      the 165 is quick but does have quite bad turbo lag compared to my astra thats done 105k on the clock. i only get to drive it at the weekends as the wife uses it for the school run our kids have to travel about 6miles to school each way. we have looked at changing ours but i just love the look of it catches everyones eye

Comment

It is a nice looking motor I don’t know why they didn’t sell well to private buyers, i think the vectra ruined there rep

Comment

It is a nice looking motor I don’t know why they didn’t sell well to private buyers, i think the vectra ruined there rep
          i think the wife wants the new kia sportage after this one tho ive had 4 vauxhalls over the pasts 15 years now time to try something different after.:

Comment

Im not sure what to get after my grand sport as i don’t trust Peugeot or Citroen not to mess it up so I won’t be buying another vauxhall I don’t think

Comment

Just have to wait and see, i plan to keep this one for at least 4 years

Comment

to be honest tho petrols are alot more reliable then diesels i think so i thought have thought you would have trouble free motoring for a very long time

Comment

Under warranty for 4 years then I’ll trade it in for something new [emoji846]

Comment

Ive not had a problem with my diesel apart from putting petrol in it but have heard they’re not as reliable as they used to be as they’re high tolerance and strung to the efficiency and power. Will miss diesel though especially mid range pulling power, i’ve had diesels for 6 years and its only the governments push to phase them out and charge alot to have one thats made me change

Comment

Ive not had a problem with my diesel apart from putting petrol in it but have heard they’re not as reliable as they used to be as they’re high tolerance and strung to the efficiency and power. Will miss diesel though especially mid range pulling power, i’ve had diesels for 6 years and its only the governments push to phase them out and charge alot to have one thats made me change
                      i havent had much go wrong with mine really apart from the dmf going at 30k touching wood as i type!!!. lucky was covered under warranty

Comment

Thats good, as look as you look after the car and Service it when required modern cars are pretty reliable [emoji846]

Comment

Thats good, as look as you look after the car and Service it when required modern cars are pretty reliable [emoji846]
                          My motoring career started in 1969 with a 1958 MkII Ford Consul. On that there were grease nipples - to be greased every 1,000 miles. A carburettor that was a problem to get the mixture correct. Spark plugs constantly fouling up. Points to trigger the spark via a distributor that was positioned using a timing light with weights and a vacuum attachment that changed when the spark occurred based on engine speed and manifold vacuum. With an engine with 70k+ miles on it it was fairly tired, returned about 20 mpg and with its three speed on the column shift, with wear, occasionally the two rods of the change would each select a gear, so get out and get under and pull them both out. Absolutely loved the MkIIs (had a Zephyr for a bit of fun in the mid 80s) but I make at least 3 return trips to SW France per year - 900 miles each way and never had any problems. Would I use a MkII for that.....most certainly not.

Comment

Cars we’re more hands on in those days, I’m not as old as you but still remember my timing light and tweaking my carbs on a near weekly basis on my minis oh and having wd40 for the dizzy cap when it rained [emoji23]

Comment

Somehow gave you more of a bond with your cars, the no syncro in 1st and 2nd meant you had to perfect your changes

Comment

From Redditch now in Brum

Comment

Working...
                                X