parking brake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• parking brake

Hi all. I am dubious with this electronic parking brake thing. Can you suggest any preventative maintenance to keep it working correctly please. I'm used to greasing and renewing handbrake cables but this looks a little beyond me. Many thanks

Personally I've never had any issue with the electronic parking brake, it's been just over 2 years and it's working as normal. + I have driven cars at work a few years older with high mileage that have electronic parking brake which haven't failed or had any issues with. Have you had any issues?

Comment

The Insignia suffers from a few gremlins from time to time but the e brake doesn't tend to be one of them. Not a clue how to maintain it though. A few stories re the e brakes in general (not only the siggy) are about them releasing when left parked on a hill. The usual precautions should be taken if you need to do this buy turning the wheels toward the kerb and leave the car in the relevant gear.
      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

My drive is slightly inclined and I've not had any issues with the ebrake. Car is 6 years old with 110k miles on it

Comment

Many thanks for your replies. No issues yet. Nice to know that they appear reliable.

Comment

Yer they are pretty reliable.they can take a little getting use too,
            my last few cars have had ebrakes but now I've down sized to a 4 series it has a manual one and I hate it,even mentioned to the stealer that it's been years since I pulled a handbrake up.
            infact i hardly ever use it,just leave it in park.!
            sigpic

Comment

Hello,you can also pull the switch up twice if you wanted to for hill or incline parking.
              Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
              Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Originally posted by Howy View Post
                Hello,you can also pull the switch up twice if you wanted to for hill or incline parking.

Must try that one. First I have heard of this....
                LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

I accidentally pulled the Electronic Handbrake on at 80 mph , while fiddling for something in the compartment between the seats ....there is obviously a safety mechanism as it momentously applied, and released itself with no wheel locking. Was quite a shock .

Comment

A friend did that in mine trying to put the passenger window back up....we nearly **** ourselves. Only doing about 30mph though but thought we'd been hit by a car or something.
                    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Don't think i'll try that then!!
                      Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                      Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Think they call it dynamic braking or something. absolute crap as it applies far too harshly and is of no use.

Comment

Originally posted by buttons View Post
                          Think they call it dynamic braking or something. absolute crap as it applies far too harshly and is of no use.
                          It for when your foot brake fails you still have a mechanical backup

Comment

Working...
                          X