No announcement yet.

Diesel supreme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going back to the good old days with petrol, there was 4 star and there was 5 star. My experiences with P6 Rovers was that the UK 2000TC required 5* because of its 10:1 compression ratio. When 5* disappeared running on 4* without modification would cause pinking and running on. The cure to retard the ignition.......they ran far better with the correct set up and 5*. So perhaps if the engine is not designed to use a higher grade fuel then there may not be any benefit and possibly slightly worse performance.

Comment

The extra additives stop build up of gunk so it keeps it running like new supposedly but i never noticed a difference in my 2.0l ecoflex

Comment

Once the Texaco offer ends I might try bp to see if there is any difference there.

Comment

Bp in tests came out the best and made an extra 3bhp but I didn’t really notice any difference but then I don’t drive hard these days to notice that

Comment

I think the test car was a golf, ill see if i can find the review

Comment

Ever wondered how much that journey will cost you in petrol or diesel money? Use our free fuel calculator to find out. Takes less than 1 minute and it's free!

Comment

Snake oil
                ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Working...
                X