No announcement yet.

4x4 problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was not made aware of the need to have my rear axle serviced at any point , my car has always been serviced at the same dealer too .
    Luckily mine was still covered by VX Warranty so it did not cost me anything to get it sorted . They tried the oil and filter change first then ended up changing the pump for a new one o it had oil etc changed again .
    Even after this I was still not told that the oil required changing after a certain time , it was only after reading on other forums what people were saying .

Comment

Somethings aren't listed in the service book. But only later when it fails they discover it is caused by lack of oil circulation, still this is not corrected/added on to the service book.
      Now most of us know the M32 gearbox is made out of chocolate, and owners/enthusiast have change the oil to premium oil helps it from failing as the oil heats up (on standard oil) it can become like water and won't lubricate some of the components. This is not mentioned in the service book to use premium oil and serviced regularly, it only heard from word of mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
        Somethings aren't listed in the service book. But only later when it fails they discover it is caused by lack of oil circulation, still this is not corrected/added on to the service book.
        Now most of us know the M32 gearbox is made out of chocolate, and owners/enthusiast have change the oil to premium oil helps it from failing as the oil heats up (on standard oil) it can become like water and won't lubricate some of the components. This is not mentioned in the service book to use premium oil and serviced regularly, it only heard from word of mouth.
        Careful now, I would shudder think that one would think to suggest that the M32 gearbox suffered from some kind of 'design deficiency which may lead to premature wear of particular internal components' and that manufacturer modifications and improvements in design 'altered the end case design to provide adequate lubrication and oil supply to increased dimension sized bearings'?

Comment

Originally posted by buttons View Post
          Careful now, I would shudder think that one would think to suggest that the M32 gearbox suffered from some kind of 'design deficiency which may lead to premature wear of particular internal components' and that manufacturer modifications and improvements in design 'altered the end case design to provide adequate lubrication and oil supply to increased dimension sized bearings'?
          M32, is that a facelift gearbox? My always crunched moving into first, it wasn’t the slickest but was way better than my previous volvo’s. Thankfully the gs one is boss [emoji846]

Comment

M32 is a gearbox found in many Vauxhall/Opel/Fiat/Alfa/Lancia cars. Vauxhall used them in the Astra H till today, so not only in the facelift models. Stronger engines are using an F40 gearbox, which doesn't have the issue the M32 has.

Comment

Originally posted by Ernst View Post
              M32 is a gearbox found in many Vauxhall/Opel/Fiat/Alfa/Lancia cars. Vauxhall used them in the Astra H till today, so not only in the facelift models. Stronger engines are using an F40 gearbox, which doesn't have the issue the M32 has.
              Thanks Ernst [emoji846]

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
                damned right on this, changed mine a couple of months ago...
                Chris

Comment

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\just shooting the breeze

Comment

If it was repaired using VX parts they should be covered for a year

Comment

Working...
                    X