4x4 problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4x4 problems

I have been getting All wheel drive service and Rear axle warnings coming up on my car , it started just before we went on holiday so I had no chance to look at it my diagnostic didn’t won’t find any errors !
    The car was booked in for a service and its first MOT while it was in there they had a look at the problem and suggested they change the rear diff oil and filter .
    So today it went back in to have this done , only to find it did no good and it is still the same .
    Next step is to replace the rear diff apparently , so it is booked in again on 10th Oct to have this done they want the car for one maybe two days .
    Luckily this is going to be done under warranty , which runs out tomorrow but as it was started on Monday it just qualifies

Thank God for your warranty,,that would be an expensive bill to face,when I was looking for a Biturbo I went to view one that was mis advertised,,saw the 4x4 badge on the boot and walked away,,far too many problems with them for my liking ,and an absolute fortune to repair when they act up.
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Back a few years but for info.
      http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/arc...t-258677.html?

Comment

Car has gone in this morning to the dealer , they have told me a day and a half to do the work I just hope they get it sorted .
        They have given me a 66 plate corsa which seems tiny compared to the Insignia

Comment

Apparently all done and it is sorted but stuck at work so can’t get to pick it up until tomorrow morning , I hate driving the corsa it is very uncomfortable

Comment

What was the issue with the vehicle and what happens if you have the same fault occur out of warranty? Might be a good time to extend the warranty if you haven't got the lifetime one
            Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

It started alarming All wheel drive system followed by service rear axle , I could not get any codes .
              They had it in and tried changing the oil and filter but this made no difference , they then said it would need the rear diff replacing , which is what is was having done today under warranty , so this should be covered for another 12 months
              I have looked at extending the warranty but it said not available for my car but it had only just run out of the first 3 years at the end of sept .
              I am going to ask about when I pick the car up in the morning

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if they don't extend it on the 4x4's due to the cost of known problems with them
                Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Ouch

Comment

Yay I have my car back , what they have actually changed is the pump in the diff all under warranty 3years old and 39000 miles

Comment

Glad it went well in the end for you. And thanks for keeping us all up to date. I will definitely be inquiring about my now as I have 53k on the clock and apart from the yearly Service And the MOT I have had no issues🤞

Comment

I have just been looking at the Haldex system to see how it works and reading a few things it seems the oil is supposed to be changed every 20000miles and oil and filter every 40000 miles , mine is serviced at main dealer and the they have never mentioned an oil change on the 4wd system
                        Worth checking yours if you have 4wd

Comment

Originally posted by Lff64 View Post
                          Yay I have my car back , what they have actually changed is the pump in the diff all under warranty 3years old and 39000 miles
                          Very soon after I bought mine (Network Q from main VX dealer) the diff pump failed and was replaced under warranty. Car had done just over 20k at the time.
                          It would have cost about £800 for parts and labour if not in warranty.
                          I was told that pump failure has been associated with a bug in the software that controls it, causing premature failure.

I guess the previous owner had noticed the warning and feared a whole new diff so had offloaded the car (which was out of warranty for them). I was later told by the salesman that its original owner had enquired about getting in touch and buying it back from me.

Comment

I have heard the haldex system fail due to the oil used in them and need premium oil and regular renewals

Comment

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\just shooting the breeze

Comment

Working...
                              X