Drl replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drl replacement

Hi all, new to forum.. My issue is that I have a blown Drl bulb, bought 2 new, ones and after reading up on replacing them, I thought I'd give it a go. Access is relatively easy, but I simply can't get the things out. I've tried squeezing the clips together and prizing with a small screwdriver, but they just won't budge... Am I doing something wrong.... I don't want to apply too much pressure on the bulb holder.

ye they can be a PITA, i normally get some angled needle nose pliers on them

Comment

Before I do this, I've just got standard bulbs. Any recommendations for a brighter version.. But not a led conversion, just want a little more whiter light

Comment

yeah has ur doing it you need to tug and wiggle the wires

there was a youtube vid on someone doing it

has for getting rid of the yellow drl

get some polargs off of ebay straight swap

Comment

Yeah, seen video, it's a bit vague, I'll order the recommended bulbs and keep the standard as spares.. My big question is, being a dual filament bulb I presume they only fit one way in the plug, I don't want to put them in arse about face. Easier I presume to look at which way they come out

Comment

these where the ones I bought when I had my 11 plate

and they where spot on had them in for 3 years no problems

you have to be weary of buying that are sprayed blue which peel off with heat

these were blue glass

Comment

don't let the blue put you off when they are lit up the appear white

Comment

Squeeze the tabs with one hand then flick it out with a screwdriver to get the bulbs out. Personally I'd recommend LEDs . Much much better than anything else

Comment

Originally posted by valhalla12 View Post
                  don't let the blue put you off when they are lit up the appear white

I've recently swapped my DRL's to the ones 'Valhalla' mentioned and they are shed loads better than the poxy standard bulbs..

a couple of pics......https://insignia-drivers.uk/threads/...ellow-DRL-swap

i also changed my standard headlight bulbs to these...

Last edited by Langy; 01-10-2017, 04:31 PM. Reason: more info
                  Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Arfa View Post
                    Yeah, seen video, it's a bit vague, I'll order the recommended bulbs and keep the standard as spares.. My big question is, being a dual filament bulb I presume they only fit one way in the plug, I don't want to put them in arse about face. Easier I presume to look at which way they come out
                    If you replace with a filament bulb then it can fit either way. Its only leds are need to be installed in a certain way as they are polarity sensitive.

Comment

Originally posted by Langy View Post
                      I've recently swapped my DRL's to the ones 'Valhalla' mentioned and they are shed loads better than the poxy standard bulbs..

a couple of pics......https://insignia-drivers.uk/threads/...ellow-DRL-swap

i also changed my standard headlight bulbs to these...

https://insignia-drivers.uk/threads/...adlight-change
                      Already fitted osram night breaker extremes, much better than standard.

Comment

What are DRLs?

Comment

Daylight running lights .......your side lights that stay on all the time

Comment

Ah, don’t all insignia’s have those?

Comment

Job done, used long nosed pliers to wiggle wiring whilst squeezing clips, pieces of p#*s really. They are much brighter now. Can I put leds in the number plate lights, or is there a brighter standard bulb on the market, like the polarg drl type??

Comment

Working...
                              X