Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chrome coloured indicator bulbs

Quick question,

I'm wanting to get rid of the 'fried egg' look of the indicators in the headlights of my pre facelift,

are standard 'chrome' covered 381 bulbs O.K. ?

these for example...

or these

581SV 581 Philips Silver Vision bulbs look silver when off but still flash amber in use. They are a great upgrade to have the bulb blend into the reflectors and get rid of the "fried egg effect".

I was recently told by a garage that if you have clear lenses on your indicators you have to have orange bulbs, otherwise they are illegal,
    although i can't see why, the MOT only needs to check that they flash orange, not what they look like when switched off...

can anybody shed some light on this..(excuse the pun, it wasn't intentional)..
    Chris

I've the chrome ones in mine Chris,,passed mot last sat morn,no advisories
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

I saw ring are doing some filament style led bulbs for things like indicators and fogs. Might be worth a look

Comment

Excellent,

that's just the reply i needed, i'm gonna 'pull the trigger' on these

cheers Dave,
        Last edited by Langy; 06-10-2017, 08:18 PM. Reason: web link added
        Chris

Comment

Originally posted by jmagee View Post
          I saw ring are doing some filament style led bulbs for things like indicators and fogs. Might be worth a look
          Damn you Jamie, more choices......
          Chris

Comment

here you go,

have a ganders at these.

Chris

Comment

Just be careful, for your own sake, the bulbs are CE marked and road legal.

Comment

Had similar silver bulbs in my previous Vectra for years, and never a problem. Must have passed 3-4 MOTs without comment, and to be honest they flashed just as bright orange as the original bulbs.

Comment

Got silver In Mine and all ok as well [emoji1303]

sigpic

Comment

ive used both osram diadem chrome and phillips silvervision on my last 4 cars and never had an issue

Comment

Tried the chrome ones and they were ok but then went for these as they look the mutts' :

http://www.arz-tuning.de/shop/en/OSR...n-Signal-Bulbs (random example website).

Comment

My pre-face lift Elite has them in afl h/lights as std fit.No problems with mot
                        Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                        Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Just to clarify, no problem with chrome ones but LED's will be an issue. retro fit led's are for interior or offroad use only.

Comment

HHHmmmm...every Bulb in my car interior and exterior is LED ......except the Headlights ( AFL ) .........Passed several MOTs . All carefully sourced as good quality LEDs , and resistors in where necessary. Not all circuits are Can-Bus .

Comment

Just a caution. I aint no judge or jury but modification of a type approved vehicle (including for example headlight bulbs) renders a vehicle not in compliance with type approval. Passing a mot does not confirm a vehicle meets type approval. Quality and/or canbus compatibility of bulbs is of no relevance. Not passing judgement on any products. But caveat emptor applies and probably will be applied regarding non compliance.

Comment

Working...
                              X