New 2017 Biturbo? Why would you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 2017 Biturbo? Why would you?

With a comparison of the old and new BiTurbo's and VW's Biturbo why would you buy a Vauxhall 2017 BiTurbo? I wont be now. Give it 2 years and I probably will though. Cant resist a bargain.
    2012 Vauxhall: 2.0 Biturbo 143 KW (195 hp) 400 Nm 6.1 4.2 4.9 129 g/km
    2017 Vauxhall: 2.0 BiTurbo 154 kW (210 hp) 480 Nm 8.7 l 5.7 l 6.9 l 183 g/km
    2016 Volkswagen: 2.0 Biturbo 176KW (236 hp) 500 Nm 6.6 4.9 5.5 144 g/km
    With those figures for the old Biturbo V's new you'd smell a rat in Opel too.
    Just putting it out there.

I love my insignia. But unfortunately I know I'll definitely be going back German for my next car

[SIZE=1]Zenon turn-sensitive headlights & low spotlights, DRL's, Front fogs, A20DTR 1956cc Bi-Turbo diesel, 239hp (@4258rpm), 459Nm (@2006rpm), Pipercross air filter, VXR Front Brembo brake kit, 20” alloys + 245x35x20’s, Foam kit replaced with 18" SRi spare, Climate control, A/C, Full leather, Heated seats, Cruise control, Stainless steel/Dark trim, Steering wheel controls, Bluetooth, Start/Stop, Sport/Tour modes, Alloy pedals, Manual 6 speed, Metal door sills, Infinity speaker system with sub[/SIZE]

Comment

I would not touch a Volkswagon group vehicle after the distain that company has shown for the environment, its customers and the law. I'd be glad if they went bankrupt
      Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Originally posted by buttons View Post
        With a comparison of the old and new BiTurbo's and VW's Biturbo why would you buy a Vauxhall 2017 BiTurbo? I wont be now. Give it 2 years and I probably will though. Cant resist a bargain.
        2012 Vauxhall: 2.0 Biturbo 143 KW (195 hp) 400 Nm 6.1 4.2 4.9 129 g/km
        2017 Vauxhall: 2.0 BiTurbo 154 kW (210 hp) 480 Nm 8.7 l 5.7 l 6.9 l 183 g/km
        2016 Volkswagen: 2.0 Biturbo 176KW (236 hp) 500 Nm 6.6 4.9 5.5 144 g/km
        With those figures for the old Biturbo V's new you'd smell a rat in Opel too.
        Just putting it out there.
        Is that emissions stuff? As my 138bhp diesel does it in 10 that just doesn’t-add up with 210bhp!?!??

Comment

Figures do seem very poor for the bi,

Comment

Originally posted by DJPearson90 View Post
            I love my insignia. But unfortunately I know I'll definitely be going back German for my next car
            The Insignia is a German car.

Comment

Not soon though, it will be French

Comment

Originally posted by Paul View Post
                The Insignia is a German car.
                A German made one rather than in e gland somewhere. The build quality is annoying coming from a vw to vaux

[SIZE=1]Zenon turn-sensitive headlights & low spotlights, DRL's, Front fogs, A20DTR 1956cc Bi-Turbo diesel, 239hp (@4258rpm), 459Nm (@2006rpm), Pipercross air filter, VXR Front Brembo brake kit, 20” alloys + 245x35x20’s, Foam kit replaced with 18" SRi spare, Climate control, A/C, Full leather, Heated seats, Cruise control, Stainless steel/Dark trim, Steering wheel controls, Bluetooth, Start/Stop, Sport/Tour modes, Alloy pedals, Manual 6 speed, Metal door sills, Infinity speaker system with sub[/SIZE]

Comment

Also maybe there aren't as much gains to be expected from say a simple remap. Yes, youd have thought them to be competitive, but the vaux may deliberately be down-tuned for a higher spec one coming soon?

Comment

I am worried [emoji45] about what PSA will do to vauxhall

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
                      I would not touch a Volkswagon group vehicle after the distain that company has shown for the environment, its customers and the law. I'd be glad if they went bankrupt
                      /\ This /\

All manufacturers bend the rules but VW really took the p!$$.
                      I could not bring myself to buy a VW unless it turns out that most manufacturers used similar cheats.

But the way Vauxhall are falling further and further behind the other manufacturers (nowadays Vauxhall produce fewer warm or hot cars than most other manufacturers) leaves me strongly suspecting that when my Insignia needs replacing I'll be looking at a different manufacturer.

Comment

Originally posted by Neal_1974 View Post
                        Is that emissions stuff? As my 138bhp diesel does it in 10 that just doesn’t-add up with 210bhp!?!??
                        Figures are probably fuel economy measured in litres per 100km for | urban | extra-urban | combined | CO2 g/km

I think the new BiTurbo will be about 8s 0-60mph.

Comment

I reckon it should be quicker if the 1.5t petrol manages it in 8.4 to 60! 7.2 maybe

Comment

How quick would the gsi be with a manual?

Comment

They make a 3.6t version in Australia and America

Comment

Working...
                              X