Insignia LED daytime running lights with AFL Xenon headlights issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insignia LED daytime running lights with AFL Xenon headlights issue

Not sure if anyone can help.* I have recently bought a 2011 Vauxhall insignia Elite with the AFL Xenon headlight system.* There was an issue with water ingress which blew the ballast unit and pretty much killed the whole headlight.* As part of the warranty I have had this repaired ( I did have to contribute to this though) so the headlight is now back up and running, however the LED running lights on the passenger side are still not working.* This 3 month warranty wont cover this ads it is a bulb and the guys at Halfords Autocentre who did the warranty repairs have checked it out and seem to think it is the resistor on a small board that has failed and that a new headlight will be needed to repair this. Is this the case or can I buy a new "resistor board" or running light module to fit in (didn't really want to buy a whole new headlight unless I really had to)

Unfortunately the LEDs in the AFL are not replaceable - it is a sealed unit. So unless you can get it repaired, you are looking at a new headlight unit.

Comment

would be cheaper to get it repaired but i doubt many people would be willing to take it on as its labour intensive
      i have the same issue but i'm repairing it myself so costs nothing

Comment

Search eBay for used AFL headlight,,they're 450/500 each for new
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

the components needed to repair the lights would only be a few quid, but as the lights are permasealed you will need to pay min £100 for someone to work on them

Comment

The led control unit sits in the headlight at the bottom. As it’s sat on the base of the headlight it’s suseptable to water damage. It’s not a part that’s available from Vauxhall anyway. If you can find a damaged headlight on eBay then it is possible to cut the back section of the light open to swap the units over. You just need to re seal it back on. The area your looking at is a small rectangle section at the lower outermost part of the unit.

Comment

Just incase you decide to replace lamp unit:
              Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
              Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Originally posted by Mo_miah View Post
                would be cheaper to get it repaired but i doubt many people would be willing to take it on as its labour intensive
                i have the same issue but i'm repairing it myself so costs nothing
                Can you let me know how you get on with this. Didn't really want to go to the expense of a replacement headlight

Comment

Originally posted by Patesy View Post
                  Can you let me know how you get on with this. Didn't really want to go to the expense of a replacement headlight
                  I have led out also I'm looking to fix and try open unit if possible if not buy anouther unit anyway

Comment

Originally posted by MattLitt View Post
                    I have led out also I'm looking to fix and try open unit if possible if not buy anouther unit anyway
                    i had my lights split open and at the same time had the led replaced ( you cant buy the part ,) but i had a couple off spare afl headlights that i bought so used the led from 1 off them to fix my one .

Comment

Can I just use any led that is dimmable and how hard was it to split i think i will try to split before buying anouther unit .

Led broke in drivers side and other side beam wont move or dance hope ballast swop fixes beam movement fingers crossed trying Sunday

Comment

Thanks I've been told if you can get it open the drl may be fixable, ballast is £70 on Ebay to hopefully fix beam problems, just a worry only just baught car

Comment

Thanks I've been told if you can get it open the drl may be fixable, ballast is £70 on Ebay to hopefully fix beam problems, just a worry only just baught car
                          Make sure it's the correct ballest, I looked yesterday for someone else and the cheapest was from Germany at 106 pounds, some say it work but it's the wrong ballest.

Comment

Originally posted by Happypostie View Post
                            Make sure it's the correct ballest, I looked yesterday for someone else and the cheapest was from Germany at 106 pounds, some say it work but it's the wrong ballest.
                            Yeah I'm going to swop between headlights see if problem moves over then hopefully that finds faulty one and I'll try find part number on ballast I have herd ones from Germany are the best

Comment

Yeah I'm going to swop between headlights see if problem moves over then hopefully that finds faulty one and I'll try find part number on ballast I have herd ones from Germany are the best
                              if your on facebook that may have been me saying ones from Germany are better

Comment

Working...
                              X