Reverse camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverse camera

I’d Like to install a reverse camera into our insignia.
    Have a navi 600 so wonder what is compatible with it?
    Quite a few on eBay,amazon etc so plenty to choose from just wondering what’s best and compatible or are they all pretty much the same?

I don't know about the Navi 600 but I bought one that replaces one of the number plate lights .

Nice , easy and tidy to fit

Comment

You'll need an interface firstly to intercept the camera signal,,summit like xcar link,, approx 200 quid
      ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

I had one that mr gubby has and it was spot on miles better that the parking sensors that I have now

just pushing myself to fork out 200 quid for a box I think the camera was about 15 quid

when the unit I had in my other car replaced the crappy 400 cd radio with a

satnav/ phone / reverse camera usb to play movies/ music

and it all cost £220 including import tax

Comment

I had the R400 in my facelift Insignia & replaced it with an Android head unit. Now got all the android features in the car AND an 8 inch reversing screen

Comment

its a godsend in the insignia has cant see jack sh*t out of the rear window

Comment

Originally posted by valhalla12 View Post
              its a godsend in the insignia has cant see jack sh*t out of the rear window
              It's probably the worst car I've ever driven for rear / side visibility

Reversing camera on 8" HU

Comment

As mention by exclusiv. You would need an signal intercepting unit. New these cost £200. and then the price of the reverse camera. All worth it as you can hook up a media box to the unit to play movies.

Comment

So a few options on fitting a camera.
                  I like the idea of the interface setup as it uses the current head unit although I rather like the current head unit and as we only just got the car no plans to change it so the upto date android units is one for maybe next year so I think I'll have a look at the rear view mirror ones as I don't have auto dim fitted.
                  Then if I change the head unit to an android I can fit a rear camera through that.

Thanks for the replies.

Comment

You can get a interface with built in android im just getting some prices at the moment. So you can keep everything . And when you press a (not sure which one) button it goes to android which to be honest the sat maps are miles better than the ones i got now on my stock nav

Comment

I'm slowly considering the Android option.

Comment

The android unit doesn’t work does it if you already have a nav unit?

Comment

Originally posted by Spark View Post
                          The android unit doesn’t work does it if you already have a nav unit?
                          I'm unsure, but would be interested in finding out.

Comment

Originally posted by valhalla12 View Post
                            You can get a interface with built in android im just getting some prices at the moment. So you can keep everything . And when you press a (not sure which one) button it goes to android which to be honest the sat maps are miles better than the ones i got now on my stock nav
                            So this would be used with the current head unit?
                            Keep us posted if it does.

Currently looking at one of these https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...850971580.html

Anyone using similar to above?

Thanks

Comment

mr wullie i bought an interface and camera to use on the standard stereo and was easy to fit and gives the look of a factory fitted option. i never paid 200 for the interface i paid 180 all in for the whole lot including camera from amazon for 12 pounds

Comment

Working...
                              X