Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

neste pro diesel? anyone in finland or latvia can tell us about this stuff?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• neste pro diesel? anyone in finland or latvia can tell us about this stuff?

super clean disel fuel, only one in world so far to be rated wwfc5, sold since 2013 why not here?

as with all great ideas there are flaws too
    biofuels increase global food prices as land is used for growing oil producing crops instead of food
    save the earth while mankind starves? doesn't quite work
    there's plenty of great ideas out there but getting them all to work together is the problem
    if everyone went and bought an electric plug in car today it would put a huge strain on the national grid, we would need to upgrade the grid and install new power stations to meet the electricity demand

Comment

its not bio diesel though is it?

Studies have shown that Neste Pro Diesel offers the best range of properties of any diesel compatible with all diesel vehicles. Research data confirms that Neste Pro Diesel reduces fuel consumption by as much as 5%, depending on the vehicle, driving style, and conditions under which it is used, and also reduces tailpipe emissions, such as NOx, particulates, and hydrocarbons. Neste Pro Diesel also ensures that motor oil lasts longer and improves overall vehicle performance. Neste Pro Diesel contains a minimum of 15% of Neste Oil's NExBTL renewable diesel, which reduces the fuel's greenhouse gas emissions by 10-20%.

Comment

Its a biodiesel. Read the 3rd paragraph. 15% biodiesel used. 20% is the limit for your diesel engine. Most newer diesel engine wont handle any biodiesel with engine modifications.

And the research isnt cited which means its done by a mr nobody in the middle of nowhere

Comment

so back to the original question, is anyone on here from latvia estonia, lithuania or finland that has used this stuff

Comment

An old thread revived, but regarding veralum's question, I live in Finland, but haven't used it. The name of the product is Neste MY.

It's only available on 25 Neste gas stations around Finland, mostly on southern part of Finland, so it's very rare to come across. I don't live near any of the stations listed at Neste website, though I live on southern Finland. The diesel itself is more expensive than regular Neste summer/winter diesel, or Neste Pro diesel, and it seems that half of the gas stations offering Neste MY are truck stations. So it's still a very marginal product and distribution network, at least here in Finland.

On the other hand I have used Neste Pro diesel, which included 15 percent Neste MY biodiesel, and on Neste website it is said it adds power and could decreace emissions by 20 percent at best, but on my vehicles I haven't noticed any behavioral differences in power or consumption on daily driving, which is why mostly use just regular diesel. If I could actually feel the difference in power through the pedal I could consider it, but not with this lazy car.

Comment

Working...
            X