No announcement yet.

AVG 22mg city driiving :( not right

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2000rpm, I also have the same car, (auto) and mine doesn't change down a gear to stay above 2k, mine actually carry's on doing regen even on tick over but has a slightly higher tick over, . Anyhow it doesn't change down a gear.

Comment

Originally posted by MJSROOFING View Post
      2000rpm, I also have the same car, (auto) and mine doesn't change down a gear to stay above 2k, mine actually carry's on doing regen even on tick over but has a slightly higher tick over, . Anyhow it doesn't change down a gear.
      Mines neither, keeps it in the gear it's currently in. Consumption is about 25% higher when doing 120 km/h.

Comment

Originally posted by Ernst View Post
        Consumption is about 25% higher when doing 120 km/h.
        The faster you're travelling, the more fuel the engine is burning to move the car, so the DPF is already fairly hot, meaning the car doesn't have to throw as much extra fuel into the DPF regen to reach the required exhaust gas and DPF temperatures.

Comment

Originally posted by 2000rpm View Post
          The faster you're travelling, the more fuel the engine is burning to move the car, so the DPF is already fairly hot, meaning the car doesn't have to throw as much extra fuel into the DPF regen to reach the required exhaust gas and DPF temperatures.
          Correct. When I notice a regeneration (and it is allowed) I usually speed up so that it's running 2500 rpm in 6th gear, as this consumes the same amount of fuel as keeping it at 120 km/h. Free extra speed

Comment

Don’t really understand the fascination of Miles per gallon comes from! Surely everybody really wants to know Miles per pound [emoji386]

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan View Post
              Don’t really understand the fascination of Miles per gallon comes from! Surely everybody really wants to know Miles per pound [emoji386]
              Be to easy I guess, more challenging doing it to the gallon.

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan View Post
                On a run mines about 11p per mile

Comment

Thank you all, ok go their at end. Here is my story - Car now doing as it should city (33-37mpg) currently on 34mpg so very pleased and stable and long journey motorway (45-50mpg - plus). at one point got it up to 60 mpg stable. That BG products really cleaned up the system. not sure how but defo did 60mpg.

I did full service engine flush, fuel flush. what i failed to realise on diesels is that, the car needed a long run to burn the carbon out the system. So I took via A2 via canterbury @ 70-80 speed and rpm 2000 for 20 mins on Auto. and car just felt so much better after the drive. During the drive What i also noticed is that the RPM was not stable as I needed to push the pedal down above to 80 to get it up to 2000rpm. Got me thinking - why did i have to push the car like that. Luckily my boost control valve had arrived that date, so i quickly installed and guess what, droning noise gone and revs are stable and car feels like brand new.

Next time - put very expensive diesel fuel, use manual gear instead of auto. and take Manuel up to gear 4 and pedal it down up to 2000rpm. I will be doing this every 2 -3 weeks as i am a taxi driver working in city.

Comment

Why didn’t you say you were a taxi driver in the first place as that would probably explain alot of why the mpg is way down all that stop start driving won’t help at all

Comment

if i was a taxi driver with an insignia i'd get a 1.8 petrol and lpg it, cheaper than diesel to run, runs cleaner so no need to worry about soot blocking valves etc due to start stop driving, no dpf and turbo etc to worry about
                      with the miles taxi drivers do the cost of the lpg installation will be covered very quickly

Comment

I only started last night, so i got car in a reasonable condition but could not figure out what was causing the MPG issues after i had done full service. i usually always drive petrol and always a manual this is first time auto and diesel.

Comment

and Mo Miah - excellent solution yes will think about this in 6 months? thank you for advise bro.

Comment

Has anyone here done LPG on vauxhall insignia 1.8 pertrol either manual or auto. think most is manual in market. if so how is it performing and any issues. i am serous y considering in 6 months. however.

Flip a coin.

Heads, the best economy wins (Diesel)

Tails, the lower risk of large bills (Petrol)

Comment

Working...
                            X