Lights not self leveling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eddier1558 View Post
    She is just coming up to her first MOT so 4 years old and she is a facelift elite spec.
    You're not from the Uk then?
    Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
      You're not from the Uk then?
      I am. What makes you say that? Car was first registered in UK and still driven there, albeit in NI.

Comment

I am. What makes you say that? Car was first registered in UK and still driven there, albeit in NI.
        Are the rules different in NI then? Because in England first MOT is after 3yrs not 4
        Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
          Are the rules different in NI then? Because in England first MOT is after 3yrs not 4
          I didn't think so. It's dated to the cars 4th 'birthday' after initial registration, 01/14 to 01/18 in my case. So that's when it stops being 3 and starts bring 4 years old or more than 3 which is what I thought the mainland UK used as well. It does happen in a government run test centre over here though rather than in a registered garage, it can be a bit brutal....

Comment

Both the good and bad today. Car went in this morning to have both headlights replaced. Long story short, old headlamps refitted as the dealer didn't realize that he had to order the control gear separately to the headlamp unit. Seems VX now can supply these separately so you don't need to replace the whole unit, good idea had the dealer known. That was the bad, good was it was dry tonight so no warnings on the dash and she passed the MOT.

Just need to get the new control gear fitted to both light units and hopefully that's me done for a while. Next week I'm told.

Comment

Just looked it up - Northern Ireland first MOT at 4 years old (light goods at 3 years), England, Wales and Scotland first MOT at 3 years old.......presumably, this is for political reasons.

Comment

Thanks Paul, live and learn. I had always assumed we were on the same schedule but obviously not. Suppose that means it's totally different over here with government run centres rather than local approved garages. Wonder if there are any definitive reports on the more effective methodology. Must look.

Comment

Took longer than expected to get the control units and arrange to have them fitted but all done last Friday. Worked fine until Saturday morning when the fault reappeared.

Beginning to suspect I may have bought another lemon, would only be the fourth in a row so at least I'm consistent. (Ok not quite in a row, there was a Leon in the midst that didn't break, wouldn't go, but it didn't break)

It would appear we are back to the drawing board with this, VX said the control units would fix it but that's not worked out well. So rear level sensor replaced, control units now replaced. Any thoughts on where to go now?? Waiting on the dealer coming back to me with his thoughts on the matter.

Comment

Reading this thread with much interest as I have the same issue on my elilte 14 plates insignia. Did you discover the problem?

Comment

We pretty much narrowed it down to cabling at the rear wheel sensor (nearside). Plastered it all in silicone and thought I had it sorted but after a few weeks issue was back.

Got rid of the car shortly after that. Partly down to the annoyance of this issue and partly down to getting a great option on a 520d.

It was a shame, basically ruined a brilliant car for me. Think I'd have another insignia just one without fancy lights....

Hope you get it sorted.

Comment

Originally posted by Supajohnboy View Post
                        Reading this thread with much interest as I have the same issue on my elilte 14 plates insignia. Did you discover the problem?
                        Hi supajohnboy,
                        I'm having the same problem 14 plate elite, offside light off to the right and down on the floor,
                        only seemed to do it in the rain. It doesn't bring up a fault though, here is what I have done
                        I changed the setting from intelligent lighting back to corner lighting in the settings, been fine ever since.
                        3 weeks ago changed back to intelligent light distribution and hasn't been any bother up to press.
                        don't know if there is a fault or it had just lost its marbles. you could try this and see if it works.

Comment

We pretty much narrowed it down to cabling at the rear wheel sensor (nearside). Plastered it all in silicone and thought I had it sorted but after a few weeks issue was back.

Got rid of the car shortly after that. Partly down to the annoyance of this issue and partly down to getting a great option on a 520d.

It was a shame, basically ruined a brilliant car for me. Think I'd have another insignia just one without fancy lights....

Hope you get it sorted.
                          I'm not confident! Thanks for your response. Local auto electrician inspected the wiring yesterday but could not find obvious fault. He suggested taking it to the stealers as they might have a software update but I don't see how that explains the error presenting itself in wet conditions. I've had the car on diagnostics which flagged up a rear sensor but this same code showed itself last October and the sensor was replaced with a new one. I've also noticed condensation in the near front headlight unit so perhaps this is related...

Comment

Originally posted by Seanio View Post
                            Hi supajohnboy,
                            I'm having the same problem 14 plate elite, offside light off to the right and down on the floor,
                            only seemed to do it in the rain. It doesn't bring up a fault though, here is what I have done
                            I changed the setting from intelligent lighting back to corner lighting in the settings, been fine ever since.
                            3 weeks ago changed back to intelligent light distribution and hasn't been any bother up to press.
                            don't know if there is a fault or it had just lost its marbles. you could try this and see if it works.
                            Thanks for your tips but I'm not aware of my car having the option of switching between intelligent and corner lighting settings.

Comment

Did you read this?

It covers the best go I had at fixing it. I did track the wiring back to a connector at the rear nearside arch and applied some silicone there too. All lasted for a while but wasn't permanent. If you could find a permanent version I think this would have solved mine.

That said, I didn't keep it to find out. The beemer hasn't had the same issue [emoji106]

Comment

Originally posted by Supajohnboy View Post
                                Thanks for your tips but I'm not aware of my car having the option of switching between intelligent and corner lighting settings.
                                Hi Again,

the option should be in your vehicle settings when selecting the options, and is under lighting.
                                saying that mine has the nav, if you have the small screen I don't know how you select it.

Comment

Working...
                                X