Sound deadening?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound deadening?

Anyone ever thought of improving the sound deadening on the doors of their car by trying to reduce road noise etc?

What are peoples thoughts on this? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/P-Shape-4M...kAAOSwCWFY8Hl-
    Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Yes completely have, its about £250-300 fitted

Comment

How much was the improvement? Was it worth it?
      Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

I’ve deadened some of my car mostly to get rid of subwoofer rattles, but putting deadening in the spare tyre well made most of the difference to raid noise. The cld tiles just stop vibrations it’s the closed cell foam that makes all the difference.

Comment

With the vectra b, the cdi model came with an extra rear door seal to reduce road noise, I wonder if they do anything this for the insignia.

Comment

Originally posted by MJSROOFING View Post
            With the vectra b, the cdi model came with an extra rear door seal to reduce road noise, I wonder if they do anything this for the insignia.
            Don’t all insignias have double door seals, my facelift has both front and rear

Comment

I'm not sure Neal, I haven't looked , it was just the first thing that came to mind.

I do think the insignia allows a fair amount of road noise in so I wouldn't mind carrying out some of this sound deadening.

Comment

As well as the sound it's bloody annoying that you get crap off the road coming up into the sills of the car past the bottom of the door. I wonder if these strips would stop that? Think I may give these a go if I get round to it

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
                  As well as the sound it's bloody annoying that you get crap off the road coming up into the sills of the car past the bottom of the door. I wonder if these strips would stop that? Think I may give these a go if I get round to it
                  The only place I think these would be of benefit would be from the sill upwards along the rear door edge which gets manky.
                  My front sills etc are clean from existing seals, crap only builds up from bottom of rear door and up edge to window, worth a punt. May reduce noise too, but I think worst noise is from gap at front door to 'B' Pillar. May invest myself.

Comment

The insignia’s aren’t the best for sound proofing but then there a lot cheaper than a passat, i did think about a sound proofing kit there about £300 fitted but never got around to it and my facelift goes tomorrow [emoji112]

Comment

Originally posted by buttons View Post
                      The only place I think these would be of benefit would be from the sill upwards along the rear door edge which gets manky.
                      My front sills etc are clean from existing seals, crap only builds up from bottom of rear door and up edge to window, worth a punt. May reduce noise too, but I think worst noise is from gap at front door to 'B' Pillar. May invest myself.
                      Do know what you mean about marky in the rear doors

Comment

00 where did you get sound proofing from?

Comment

Hi Neal, I haven't got any yet

Comment

interesting read, most of my driving is on a single/dual carriage way and the road noise is annoying, i have wind deflectors which helped slightly, i think i will sound deaden the spare wheel well as its an easy to reach area unlike the doors etc, will look into the door to b pillar area too, dont mind spending a little bit on the car as i intend to keep it til it dies

Comment

Originally posted by Mo_miah View Post
                              interesting read, most of my driving is on a single/dual carriage way and the road noise is annoying, i have wind deflectors which helped slightly, i think i will sound deaden the spare wheel well as its an easy to reach area unlike the doors etc, will look into the door to b pillar area too, dont mind spending a little bit on the car as i intend to keep it til it dies
                              My new gs is real quiet compared to my facelift but still has road noise which appear to come fromtbe boot so it seems a simple/easy job to do, what does it cost?

Comment

Working...
                              X