Fitting sat nav

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitting sat nav

Wanting to fit sat nav to my 2014 Insignia, what’s needed to fit and have it fully working? Thanks in advance [emoji106]

grab an aftermarket android nav off ebay, they are amazing, fitted some in a couple of VWs
    my insignia has an old winCE aftermarket nav but will be upgrading to an android one soon

Comment

Meh.. I’m very picky and like to keep things as original as possible, apart from horrible yellow bulbs [emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Jordaninsignia14 View Post
        Meh.. I’m very picky and like to keep things as original as possible, apart from horrible yellow bulbs [emoji23]
        The standard navi900 is a great unit, it’s a little slow to boot up but once running its great. I wouldn’t touch an android unit either as i’m an Apple person.

Comment

Would be interesting to see a video comparing the VX unit with an Android unit to see how they compare.

As for Apple, from my viewpoint I steer very wide - do not like the way Apple tries to tie you in to having to do everything through their systems........and their prices - they do make very nice profits which can only be down to people overpaying for Apple products.

Comment

Originally posted by Jordaninsignia14 View Post
            I thought it was hard to upgrade to an oem sat nav in the Insignia? Aren't they paired at factory? The after market Android units are a decent piece of kit but the DAB is poor compared to what the facelift comes with.

Originally posted by Neal_1974 View Post
            The standard navi900 is a great unit, it’s a little slow to boot up but once running its great. I wouldn’t touch an android unit either as i’m an Apple person.
            Are you talking about the older navi900? I find the one in the Grand Sport boots up pretty instantly. Don't know why they didn't give it a new name tbh, It seems to be faster and have more options than the previous version.
            2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
              I thought it was hard to upgrade to an oem sat nav in the Insignia? Aren't they paired at factory? The after market Android units are a decent piece of kit but the DAB is poor compared to what the facelift comes with.

Are you talking about the older navi900? I find the one in the Grand Sport boots up pretty instantly. Don't know why they didn't give it a new name tbh, It seems to be faster and have more options than the previous version.
              Oh god yes Marko the new unit in the gs is a lot quicker and more flexible. The core unit and software though from all navi units is pretty good. i was more than happy with the navi 900 but the chaps unit is the navi600 which is why I’m not sure of the differences!

Comment

Software wise no Marko it can be done but its like upgrading an iPhone 4 against at iPhone 8 not everything can be updated as the hardware isn’t as capable but there are software updates available for older units, myself with a facelift i’d buy a 2016 navi900 unit its more than capable and everything you need while keeping oem. My biggest gripe wasn’t the unit but the cheap speakers [emoji344]

Comment

I just wouldn’t go none oem but I’m old in my mid 40’s [emoji13]

Comment

Has anybody fitted an OEM sat nav and got it working? I heard it was near on impossible because they need to be married to the car at the factory.
                    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

[emoji115][emoji115] not cool [emoji58][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Has anybody fitted an OEM sat nav and got it working? I heard it was near on impossible because they need to be married to the car at the factory.
                        It can be done in the pre face Mark,with the cd500 ,but a VCI code is required to get it working
                        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Ah ok....Just thought I heard on here of the last forum it was a hard and expensive one to do. That's why I went down the Android route in my last Insignia. I haven't seen it done on the facelift yet.

Comment

Mines the facelift too [emoji53]

Comment

I've got a 900Sat Nav in my Insignia. In my Rover 75 I had a Chinese unit with Sat Nav that had IGO sat nav software on it. Thought the IGO was far better than the Vauxhall software.....plus a darn sight cheaper to update.

Comment

Working...
                              X